Chapter 20: Magnetism
1) If a bar magnet is divided into two equal pieces,
A) the north and south poles are separated
C) the magnet properties are destroyed
B) two magnets result
D) an electric field is created
2) If the south pole of one bar magnet is br
Physics 105 Mechanical Waves - Waves in Strings
1) In a wave, the maximum displacement of points of the wave from equilibrium is called the
2) The distance between successive crests on a wave is call
Physics 105 Mechanical Waves - Waves in Air
1) Which of the following is a false statement?
A) Sound waves are longitudinal pressure waves.
B) Sound can travel through a vacuum.
C) Light travels very much faster than sound.
2) As the temperature of the ai
(voo .(C(\rN lcr es t
of \art locn\
obl( cfw_.* Atrcfw_i,^rL ohtcb ttt
uw is vircfw_uaLrrnolrncrrn
Phvsics - Rav Trace Thin Lenses
Use the diagramsbelow as a guide to draw ray diagramsfor the converging (biconvex) lens.
- For each diagram, clearly label the resulting image. Characterize the image as real or virtual, erect
Amplitude A = maximum displacement of the particles within the medium
from their equilibrium
Wavelength = the distance between any two successive points on the
waveform where the motion
of the particles is in the same direction