Tutorial 2-D Dynamics
1. The 45 kg block below is pulled and accelerated over a rough (k = .44) horizontal surface.
F = 240 N
a) Find the acceleration
b) Find the force required to pull it at 2.8 m/s2 .
2. The 85 crate below is carried hori
Physics 154 Review Exercises - Kinematics Part A 1. A car accelerates uniformly from 5.0 m/s to 40.0 m/s in 1 min. Find the acceleration. 2. Determine the acceleration of a car which decelerates from 92 km/h to 30.0 km/h in 20 s.
3. A car, initially trave
Rotational Motion Summary
d or s
- Causes motion
- Resists acceleration
- Causes rotation
- Resists rotati
Physics 154 Tutorial Rotational Motion (Review Exercises) 1. Write out the definitions for all of the rotational quantities. 2. Write the equations relating the angular quantities to the linear quantities. 3. Write down the equations for rotary motion wit
1. Three forces pull on a common point:
100 N at 32
72 N at 135
125 N at - 64
Find the fourth force required to balance these three.
2. A horizontally suspended rope is fixed at both ends. An 80.0 kg person then steps
Physics154 Tutorial Exercises Torques,2-D Kinematics,2-D Dynamics -
1. A 3.00m long massless restshorizontally againsta vertical wall. The far endis bar supported a string at 22 to the bar andconnected point on the wall above. by a An 85.0
Physics 155 Tutorial - Simple Harmonic Motion _ 1. A particle oscillates with simple harmonic according to the equation: x = (2.8 cm) sin(7.5/s)t a) Determine the frequency of oscillation and b) Express the velocity and acceleration as a function of time.
Physics 155 Tutorial - Waves _ 1. A traveling wave is described by the equation s = (45 mm) sin 3/m[x - (15 m/s)t] Determine: a) the speed and wavelength and period of the wave b) the amplitude, frequency of oscillation, and maximum velocity of the partic
Physics 154 Tutorial Work, Energy and Power _ Kinetic, Potential, and Total Mechanical Energy 1. A 22 kg crate is hauled 4.8 m across a rough floor against a 40 N friction force using a force of 180 N applied to a rope at 28 to the horizontal. Find the wo
Physics 154 - Tutorial Units Review _ 1. Express the following in proper scientific notation (using SI base units). a. 19 Mm b. 720 ns c. 45.0 cm3 d. 4.8 Mg e. 712 s f. 450 Mm g. 12 Mg h. 14 mm3 i. 2.5 g/cm3 2. Express the following in compact form (using
Physics 154 Tutorial - The Vector Product & Torques
1. The sphere is "pinned' at the center which is fixed on the origin of the coordinate system. The magnitudes of the two forces F1 and F2 applied to the edges of the sphere are equal. Find the direction
Physics 154 - Tutorial Vectors _ 1. Find the resultant of the following vectors in polar form.
15 N 10.5 N
7.5 N 20
Check your answer with a rough scale diagram.
2. a) Find the x and y components of each vector in the following figure:
Tutorial 2 Body Dynamics
1. For each system below, determine the acceleration and the tension in the string.
2. Two blocks are stacked on a rough surface.
Practice Final Exam
1. a) Given the vectors in the figure below, find A + B C in polar form.
b) For the following two vectors:
d = 275 m at 30 North of East
F = 640 N at 85 North of East
Physics 154 Tutorial Torques and Equilibrium
1. For the 1 m long, 5 N beam below find the balancing mass m and the supporting tension T.
m T 2 kg
2. A 6.0 kg board rests on two supports, one at the left end and the other positioned at 2/3 of th
Tutorial - Work, Energy and Power
1. A 22 kg crate is hauled 4.8 m across a rough floor against a 40 N friction force using
a force of 180 N applied to a rope at 28 to the horizontal. Find the work done by
each force and the total work done.