1. Compare and Contrast the Athenians and Spartan societies
2. What was the role of competition in the evolution of Greek society and politics?
Athenian life was a creative wonderland.
As an Athenian, you could get a good educatio
1. How does the law of Twelve Tables compare to previous codes of law
you've learned about, such as Hammurabi's or the laws of Moses?
2. Analyze the emphasis of Romans in granting citizenship and creating
unification, compared to the Greek ind
1. What are the major characteristics of Hellenistic
2.How did philosophy differ from the Hellenic to the
1) Hellenistic Culture:
Bonds between individuals and the city loosened leading to feelings of isolation
HIS 1113 RB
1. Why did early civilizations come up around riverbeds? Name two
civilizations that grew up round river valleys from chapter 1. List 3
characteristics of each and what river they utilized.
The most characteristic Civilizations we
Distinguish between Historical and Pre- Historical:
Historic: means history based on written records.
Prehistoric or preliterate: the record of human achievement before the invention
The preliterate or prehistoric societies record
How was the Iron Age different from the Bronze Age?
Compare and Contrast the Assyrian and Persian Civilization. Why were the
Persians more successful at creating a lasting Civilization?
Iron Age is not much harder than Bronze Age. The Iron Age follo
Chapter 1 An introduction to Biology
Organism a living thing that maintains an internal order that is separated from the environment
Cell simplest unit of a living organism
Cell theory a theory that states all organisms are composed of cells, cells are