Chapter 15 Work file
Complete the following work file/study sheet for chapter 15. This is a good GUIDE to help you study, but you need to
also study your notes and the textbook as well. Make sure to do ALL the assignments in the chapter.
*Chapter 19 and 25 Work file*
CHAPTER 19 WORKFILE
1. What organisms contain cells called
2. Which evolutionary hypothesis would a
scientist be studying if he was examining if
animals arose from ciliated protists in stages?
Chapter 36 Workfile & StudySheet
1. Define overpopulation.
2. Describe age structure
3. List some density-independent
factors which affect a
4. Describe a type II survivorship
5. Describe the difference
between a po
1. List the bones in the pectoral girdle.
2. What is the opening at the bottom of the skull
that the spinal cord must pass through?
3. Define sarcomere.
4. Define sarcoplasm
5. Define myofibril.
6. Define sarcoplasmic reticulum.
7. Define sarcolemma.
Chapter 16 and 17 Work File/Study Sheet
1. Define transformation.
2. What are the parts of a virus?
3. What is a retrovirus?
4. Give the general characteristics of a protist.
5. What is a common multicellular green algae
found at the beach?
Chapters 31 and 32 Work file/Study Sheet
1. Would you find oxygen rich blood in the
pulmonary arteries or the pulmonary veins?
2. What are aortic and carotid bodies?
3. What is carbonic anhydrase?
4. What is the nondigestible carbohydrate which
Chapters 26 and 27 Work file/Study Sheet
1. What are the parts of a motor neuron?
2. Which lobe controls vision?
3. Define cataracts.
Chapter 18 Work File
1. Give an example of a nonvascular plant.
2. What is a sporophyte?
3. What is a general definition for fungi?
4. Which phylum of fungi include the black
5. How are fungi different from plants?
6. Why were fungi
Chapters 33, 34, and 35 Work File/Study Sheet
1. Describe the parts of a late stage
gastrula in frog development.
2. How is the egg propelled down the
3. Ammonia, urea, and uric acid all come
from what group, that is removed from
Chapters 29 and 30 Work file Study Sheet
1. List the four chambers of the heart
(and be able to locate them)
2. Define plasma.
3. Describe some ways to increase
4. Give some autoimmune disorders listed
in the text.
5. What type
Table I: Total Amount of Water (in mL) Transpired in One Hour
With Fan (21oC)
Name: Jimmy Logan
Bacteria Identification Worksheet/Questions
Instructions: The virtual lab is divided into six sections that walk you through the procedures
involved. Don't forget to read the notebook section as well, which has further explanation about
Erase this text and place your general summary in this spot.
Equations & Vocabulary
number will go
Write the definition here
Project 6 Algorithms - Tic Tac Toe
You should have finished Exam Statistics in the tutorial before starting this project.
Project requirements: Create a program that plays a game of Tic Tac Toe with the user.
Who has the first turn should be up to the us
At this point in the class, do you feel as though Baseball has mirrored US
society, led society, or lagged society?
This is a hard question to answer, there are many different aspects of the US
society, some have mirrored the US society, led societ
Book is about changes occurring in American society from baseball
o NOT how to examine devolvement or events in the sport
o How do fans recived and processed their baseball information?
o How they witnessed the games?
o What baseball