Create an ERD and RDM for the following
C4 Caravan Park
The Bathurst Caravan Park has several types of accommodation.
There are On-site vans ($30), Standard cabins ($33), En-suite cabins ($45) and deluxe cabins ($49). For each
type of accommodat
True/False: Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
1. Data processing can be as simple as organizing data to reveal patterns.
2. Information implies familiarity, awareness, and understanding knowledge as it applies to an
AFS Activities and solutions as discussed in class
An order (from a customer) is made up of many order lines. Each line from the order
can only come from one order. Each line is used to order something different.
Information of interest is:
Fundamentals of data models
Importance of data modelling
Describe major data models
Peter White, July
Importance of data models
1. A set of related files that is created and managed by a database management system (DBMS) is a:
D. data warehouse.
2. _ is software that controls the organization, storage, retrieval, security and integrity of data in
Iterative Development Model
1. Start with a simple requirement
a. What is one requirement that you understand?
b. Model it.
c. Check the model does it accurately describe the requirement?
d. Adjust the model so that it does
e. Check again
2. What is the n
Chapter 1 Database Systems
1. Discuss each of the following terms:
2. What is data redundancy, and which characteristics of the file system can lead to it?
3. What is data independence, and why is it lacking in file syst
School of Computing and Mathematics
Examination Session 2, 2015
ITC114 Database Management Systems
Sample Exam + Solutions
This paper is for Distance Education (Distance), Study Centre Sydney and Study Centre
This is a
Faculty of Business /
School of Computing and
Session ? Examination
ITC114 / ITC423 Database Management Systems
Question Paper MAY NOT be retained by the Candidate
WRITING DURING READING TIME IS PERMITTED ON ALL EXAMINATION MATERIALS
ITC-423/114 WEEK (2) TUTORIAL
1. Discuss the importance of data modeling.
2. Describe the basic features of the relational data model, and discuss their importance
to the end user and the designer.
3. Explain how the entity relationship (ER) model helped
Section-A Write short answers
1. What is normalization and de-normalisation?
A simplification process of database structure for evaluating and correcting
table structures to minimize data redundancies and reduces data anomalies.
Question 1 Solution:
The ERD below represents the relationship between Manufacturer and types of boat
with the entities and attributes they possess.
Question 2 Solution:
Below is the ERD which represents relationship between Manufacturer, Type and