HS225Unit 8 Assignment
Complete the following Review Exercises from the Unit 8 Assignment information and your text:
Part I: Unit 8 Questions from assignment: Ide
Lou Ann Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, FAHIMA
The answer key includes the correct ICD-10-CM/PCS codes and the Alphabetic Index entry used to
locate each code.
Lab Exercise- 3M Reference Encoder
Go to the various references specified in the table below. Look up the information requested and enter the answer in
the answer column.
First Q 2013; What is the
correct code as
HI252: Medical Coding I
Unit 1 Assignment: CMS-1500 and UB-04 Forms
The Form CMS-1500 is the standard paper claim form used by health care professionals and
suppliers to bill Medicare Carriers or Part A/B and Durable Medical Equipment Medicare
Medical Coding Safety Measures
- In the event of a disaster providers and health plans
under HIPAA can share patient health information to
- Treatment of patients includes sharing information with
other providers; clinics and hospitals.
Hospitals were mandated to use CPT to report outpatient services to ensure that healthcare data are
captured accurately and consistently and that health claims are processed properly for Medicare,
Medicaid, and other health programs, a standardized coding
In 1847 the American Medical Association revolutionized medicine in the United States. Members of the
newly formed organization, meeting in Philadelphia as the first national professional medical
organization in the world, dedicated themselves to establis
I chose Medicaid as my first topic due Medicaid coverage for themselves, while eligible as well as their
I believe that this is a great starting point for my learning due to this fact.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
formerly known as the Health Care Finan
Administration (HCFA); an administrative
within the federal Department of Health
Human Services (DHHS).
NCQA Measuring Quality. Improvi
Exercise 7.1: #3 HPI is brief. Review of system[s] is extended, and PFSH is pertinent. The
history is determined by the lowest level from all three categories; therefore, the history is the
level that would be expanded problem focuse
Medical Coding Public Emergency
- HIPAA rules are not suspended during public health
- The Secretary of Health and Human Services might
waive some provisions.
- The provisions that could be waived include sanctions
and penalties against a cov
Medical Coding Respiratory Care
- Both respiratory influenza and acute coryza are caused
by a viral infection.
- The throat is technically named pharynx.
- A cardiorespiratory type of disorder would literally
involve problems in the heart and breathing ag
Assignment 1 Review the information in your textbook in Chapter 1 on the CMS-1500 and UB04 billing forms.
CMS-1450 (UB-04) is used by hospitals for outpatient and inpatient services and by third-party
payers to report the claims for outpatient and inpatie
The characteristics of a successful health insurance specialist include an ability to work independently, a
strong sense of ethics, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically.
Knowledge of anatomic structures and physiological functioning of
Medical Coding Privacy Rule
- Health plans, health care clearing houses, and health
care providers who conduct electronic transactions must
comply with the privacy rule.
- There are two occasions when an authorization from a
patient is not required; when
Medical Coding Intestines
- The esophagus is known as the gullet.
- The colon is the scientific name for the large intestine.
- Alexis St. Martin was a valuable subject for GI study due
to his unique accidental creation of a permanent gastric
Medical Coding Body Fluid
- Hydrochloric acid donates or gives off lots of H+ ions.
- A laparoscope is an instrument used to examine the
- Urogenital has the same English translation as
- The renal pelvis is the shallow bowl of the
Medical Coding Digestion
- The region of the stomach just below the esophagus is
- Defecation is the exact opposite of ingestion.
- The root word in ileum is ile.
- The salivary gland is the accessory digestive organ
located within the oral ca
Medical Coding Skin
- Melanoma is the black tumor of the skin.
- A hypersecretion of hormone X implies that hormone X
is being released in excessive or above-normal amounts.
- The sebaceous glands secrete grease into the hair
- Baldness, or fox