Unit 10 Project
a. True: Some NOSs come with network monitoring tools.
b. True: The difference between continuity testers and performance testers lies in their sophistic ation and price.
c. True: Experience in a network environm
Unit 9 Final Project
There are many different ways to upgrade an office network from one office to two
offices. Of course, most companies will want to go with the most inexpensive and simple way to
set up their network. I will e
Unit 8 Assignment
A surge is a momentary increase in voltage due to lightning strikes, solar flares, or electrical
Phishing occurs when a person attempt to glean access or authentication information by posing
Unit 7 Assignment
True or False: Remote Desktop relies on SLIP.
True or False: Broadband cable relies on the PSN for transmission medium.
The 802.11 standard specifies a frame type at the MAC sublayer.
Unit 6C Assignment
After reading over the what the Banana Tree Travel Agency and what they are looking to
do to their company, I think it is in their best interest to go with a WAN star topology network.
With a star topology net
Unit 6B Assignment
I started this term out very worried because this is a subjected I really had no prior knowledge of. I still struggle with learning and putting things together because this is just not my
thing. I am hoping th
Unit 5 Assignment
1. Static routing is a technique in which a network administrator programs a router to us specific paths between nodes.
2. TRUE: Bridges are protocol independent.
3. TRUE: Repeaters operate in the Physical laye
Unit 4 Assignment
1. The bus physical topology consists fo a single cable that connects all nodes ona network without intervening connectivity devices.
2. A serial backbone is the simplest kind of backbone.
3. Fast Ethernet oper
Unit 3 Assignment
1. TRUE: Fiber-optic cable is the most expensive transmission medium.
2. TRUE: Coaxial cable has a high resistance to noise.
3. A repeater is used to reduce the effects of attenunation for a digital transmissio
Unit 2 Assignment
1. Complete the review questions:
a. The seventh layer of the OSI model is the application layer.
b. Protocols in the transport layer accept data from the Session layer and manage end-to-end delivery data.
1. Unit 1 review questions:
a. The functions provided by a network are usually referred to as network services.
b. A remote access server may also be known as simply an access server.
c. FALSE: A client/server network is t