Chapter 15Project Management (Online)
1. Which of the following correctly describes the focus of the Critical Path Method (CPM)?
a. To order activities in a project in terms of their completion time to facilitate scheduling of
Chapter 14Decision Analysis
1. Decision analysis supports all but one of the following goals. Which goal is not supported?
a. Help make good decisions.
b. Help ensure selection of good outcomes.
c. Analyze decision problems logically.
Chapter 13Queuing Theory
1. Which of the following best describes queuing theory?
a. The study of arrival rates.
b. The study of service times.
c. The study of waiting lines.
d. The evaluation of service time costs.
Chapter 12Introduction to Simulation Using Risk Solver Platform
1. A variable whose value cannot be predicted or set with certainty is a
a. discrete variable
b. random variable
c. realistic variable
d. simulation variable
Chapter 11Time Series Forecasting
1. Why might we not be able to build a regression model to predict a dependent variable?
a. We might not know the independent variables.
b. There might not be any data available for the independent variabl
Chapter 10Discriminant Analysis
1. Discriminant analysis (DA) differs from most other predictive statistical methods because the depend ent variable is
2. The goal of discrimi
Chapter 9Regression Analysis
1. Regression analysis is a modeling technique
a. that assumes all data is normally distributed.
b. for analyzing the relationship between dependent and independent variables.
c. for examining linear trend data
Chapter 8Nonlinear Programming and Evolutionary Optimization
1. The main difference between LP and NLP problems is that NLPs will have a
a. linear objective function and nonlinear or linear constraints.
b. minimum of one nonlinear constrai
Chapter 7Goal Programming and Multiple Objective Optimization
1. A constraint which cannot be violated is called a
a. binding constraint.
b. hard constraint.
c. definite constraint.
d. required constraint.
2. A constraint whi
Chapter 6Integer Linear Programming
1. An integrality condition indicates that some (or all) of the
a. RHS values for constraints must be integer
b. objective function coefficients must be integer
c. constraint coefficients must be integer
Chapter 5Network Modeling
1. Almost all network problems can be viewed as special cases of the
a. transshipment problem.
b. shortest path problem.
c. maximal flow problem.
d. minimal spanning tree problem.
2. The arcs in a ne
Chapter 4Sensitivity Analysis and the Simplex Method
1. When a manager considers the effect of changes in an LP model's coefficients he/she is performing
a. a random analysis.
b. a coefficient analysis.
c. a sensitivity analysis.
d. a qual
Chapter 3Modeling and Solving LP Problems in a Spreadsheet
1. An LP problem with a feasible region will have
a. an optimal solution at some interior point.
b. an optimal solution at some extreme point.
c. an optimal solution only at the or
Chapter 2Introduction to Optimization and Linear Programming
1. What most motivates a business to be concerned with efficient use of their resources?
a. Resources are limited and valuable.
b. Efficient resource use increases business costs
Chapter 1Introduction to Modeling and Decision Analysis
1. The essence of decision analysis is:
a. breaking down complex situations into manageable elements.
b. choosing the best course of action among alternatives.
c. finding the root cau