It is a religion and philosophy
encompassing a variety of traditions,
beliefs, and practices
Largely based on the teachings of
6th Century b.c.e.
Born in Lumbini,
Genesis (1-3) Review
1. Common elements in the descriptions of creation process in the fist six days in
2. Theme of Genesis 1-2:4 (one word)
3. How did God bless human beings and the created world?
4. How did God created human
There are three major Jewish traditions in modern era.
1. _ Judaism emphasized observance of traditional Jewish laws.
2. _ Judaism intends to assimilate to a larger society. It emerged in
the state of _. In particular, they do not anticipat
The New Testament
1. After the death of Jesus, _ of Jesus went to many different places
and taught his teachings.
2. They had somewhat different memories of Jesus teachings and his life.
3. Jesuss teachings are written in the four Gospels which means _.
History of Judaism (Post-exilic and Rabbinic Periods): Review from Lecture and the
Three major groups during the classical Judaism period.
_ were conservative people who intended to preserve Jewish
laws. They were mostly priests and wealthy pe
Review: History of God (and the Textbook)
1. Polytheism refers to belief in _ number of gods.
Each god has a particular _ by being in charge of specific natural
phenomenon or by assisting specific needs of people.
2. _ is considered to be the patriarch of
Jesus- study guides (Life and Passion)
1. Name of mother of Jesus was _. _ conception
refers to conception without sexual intercourse but by Gods power.
2. Jesus was born in the area of _ . This area was not highly
appreciated by the mainstream society.
Study Guides-Essay Questions
Your answer should be concise but contain germane and concrete
information. Please do not repeat questions in your answer.
* Long answers (You have to prepare all of the following questions.)
1. In the following three stories
Formation of the New Testament
Outline of the lecture
1) Why did they make the New Testament?
2) Who wrote the New Testament?
3) What are in the New Testament?
After the Death of Jesus
His disciples became evangelists, and
formed their communities in di