Real Estate Basics 3- Transfer of Real Estate Property
- Let's start with a definition of the word alienation.
Alienation is a general term that refers to all of the different methods by which
real property can be transferred from one person to another.
Types of Real Estate Contracts
-Now that you're familiar with the basics of contract law, we're going to discuss
some of the types of contracts that real estate agents most commonly encounter.
-In this lesson we'll review six types of c
Real Estate Agency Law
General Agency Law
- A property seller or buyer hires
a real estate broker to act as his representative, or agent, in a real estate
-This agency relationship between broker and client is at the heart
of the real estate
- Contracts play an essential role in virtually every real estate transaction, from
listing through closing.
-So a real estate agent needs a general understanding of how contracts work.
-In the broadest sense, a contract is an agreement between
Public Restrictions on Land
Land Use Control
- In this lesson, we'll discuss how public restrictions on land affect property
- These restrictions include land use controls, such as zoning ordinances,
building codes, subdivision regulations, and
-In this lesson, we're going to look at the interests in real property known as
-Encumbrances are nonpossessory interests in real property. In other words,
they are interests that don't include ownership or possession of the pro
Real Estate Basics Lesson 2
Estates in Land
- We'll begin our discussion of real property ownership interests with some
- Broadly defined, an interest in real property is a right concerning the property
or a claim against it.
- Certain intere
Lesson 1 Real Estate Notes
Real Property vs. Personal Property
- Generally, real property is transferred to the buyers, but the sellers take their
personal property with them
- Real property is defined as land, anything attached or affixed to the land, an
Lesson 1: An introduction to law and the legal system
The Role of Law
the law serves a number of functions
It provides a number of benefits, such as:
minimum standards of acceptable behavior,
punishment for unacceptable behavior,
a peaceful means to sett