Chapter 6 Homework
1. How do many organizations and educational institutions explain acceptable computer use to
their employees, students, or other users?
They publish codes of conduct to explain acceptable computer use t
Chapter 4 Homework
1. Define computer network.
Computers and other hardware devices that are connected to share hardware, software,
2. Describe telecommuting.
3. What are the three most common network topologies
Chapter 5 Homework
1. What is ARPANET?
It the predecessor of the Internet, named after the Advanced Research Projects Agency
(ARPA), which sponsored its development.
2. What is an Internet service provider?
A business or
1. How do you start an app or an application?
Click a tile on the Start screen to start an app.
2. How do you manually resize a window to a specific size?
Point to the windo
Chapter 3 Homework
1. What is the purpose of system software?
Control a computer and its devices and enable application software to run on the computer
2. Explain multitasking.
The ability of an operating system to have m
Chapter 2 Homework Assignment
1. How is data represented in a computer?
Data Representation refers to the methods used internally to represent information stored in a
2. What is a bit?
Bit the smallest unit of dat