Business110 Chapter 5 Global Context 0
Total Volume of Wor1d Trade = Approx. $18 Trillion/year.
the integration of markets globally
- the world is becoming a single interdependent system
- exchange is happening beyond geographical boundari
Business 110 Chapter 6 Managing Business
Who are managers?
- A manager is an organizational member who works with and through other people
coordinating their work activities to accomplish goals.
- Managers are an organizations most important resource.
Business 110 Chapter 14 I
What Is accounting?
- a comprehensive system for collecting, analyzing, and communicating financial i
accounting is a way to communicate the financial health of a business or an org:
any and all interested parties.
Business 110 Chapter 2 Boundaries and Er
Organizational Boundaries and Environments
- that which separates the organization from its environment
- everything outside an organizations boundaries that might eff
Businessl 10 Chapter 1 2 Productivity
The ProductivityQuality Connection
- a products fitness for use in terms of offering the features that consumers w:
' Measuring Productivity
- Measure of economic performance
- measured as a ratio of outputs
Business 110 Chapter 9 Understand
Why Do Workers Unlonlze?
- Labour Unions
- Groups of individuals working together to achieve job related goals
- higher pay
- shorter working hours
- more job security
- greater benefits
- better working conditions
Businesst 10 Chapter 4 Smal
- an owner managed business with fewer than 100 employees
- 1-99 paid employees = small business
- 100-499 paid employees = medium business
- 500 or more paid employees = large business
New Venture (New Firm)
Businessl10 Chapter 1 Canadian Busini
The Canadian Business Market is a relatively free market economy.
The concept of business and profit:
- Businesses produce or sell products in order to make a profit.
Prot (Profit: Revenue>Expense)
\ Non- Profit (So
Businessi10 Chapter 11 Producing goods
What does production mean today?
-Since the advent of industrial revolution, production of goods had been the focus. Hr
business today is changing and hence:
- increased emphasis on customer contact and less on equip
Businessi 1 0 Chapter 15
Whet' Is marketing?
-,create communicate, deliver value, and satisfaction to a target market.
planning and executing the development, pricing, promotion, and distributiOI
goods, services, to create exchanges that satisfy both buye
Businesst10 Chapter 7
What is an Organizational Structure?
- Organizational Structure
- the specification of the jobs to be done within a business and how those job:
related to one another
- each organization much develop a structure that
Business 110 Chapter 16 developing and
- Types of Brand Names
' produced and distributed by manufacturer across the entire country. and carril
name of the manufacturer (e.g. Kellogg's)