Business110 Chapter 5 Global Context 0
Total Volume of Wor1d Trade = Approx. $18 Trillion/year.
the integration of markets globally
- the world is becoming a single interdependent system
- exchange is happening beyond geographical boundari
Business 110 Chapter 6 Managing Business
Who are managers?
- A manager is an organizational member who works with and through other people
coordinating their work activities to accomplish goals.
- Managers are an organizations most important resource.
Business 110 Chapter 14 I
What Is accounting?
- a comprehensive system for collecting, analyzing, and communicating financial i
accounting is a way to communicate the financial health of a business or an org:
any and all interested parties.
Business 110 Chapter 2 Boundaries and Er
Organizational Boundaries and Environments
- that which separates the organization from its environment
- everything outside an organizations boundaries that might eff
Businessl 10 Chapter 1 2 Productivity
The ProductivityQuality Connection
- a products fitness for use in terms of offering the features that consumers w:
' Measuring Productivity
- Measure of economic performance
- measured as a ratio of outputs
Business 110 Chapter 9 Understand
Why Do Workers Unlonlze?
- Labour Unions
- Groups of individuals working together to achieve job related goals
- higher pay
- shorter working hours
- more job security
- greater benefits
- better working conditions
Businesst 10 Chapter 4 Smal
- an owner managed business with fewer than 100 employees
- 1-99 paid employees = small business
- 100-499 paid employees = medium business
- 500 or more paid employees = large business
New Venture (New Firm)
Businessl10 Chapter 1 Canadian Busini
The Canadian Business Market is a relatively free market economy.
The concept of business and profit:
- Businesses produce or sell products in order to make a profit.
Prot (Profit: Revenue>Expense)
\ Non- Profit (So
Businessi10 Chapter 11 Producing goods
What does production mean today?
-Since the advent of industrial revolution, production of goods had been the focus. Hr
business today is changing and hence:
- increased emphasis on customer contact and less on equip
Businessi 1 0 Chapter 15
Whet' Is marketing?
-,create communicate, deliver value, and satisfaction to a target market.
planning and executing the development, pricing, promotion, and distributiOI
goods, services, to create exchanges that satisfy both buye
Businesst10 Chapter 7
What is an Organizational Structure?
- Organizational Structure
- the specification of the jobs to be done within a business and how those job:
related to one another
- each organization much develop a structure that
Business 110 Chapter 16 developing and
- Types of Brand Names
' produced and distributed by manufacturer across the entire country. and carril
name of the manufacturer (e.g. Kellogg's)
1.What type of industry is Lululemon working in? Do an industry wide analysis.
Porters 5 Forces Model (Industry Analysis)
Threat of New Entry Competitors
Bargaining Power of Su
Ole Miss Cup
South Carolina Cup
Texas A&M Cup
Mississippi State Cup
Ole Miss Bowl