The Church in the New World*
*important notation: new only to the colonists that traveled there and discovered it
despite it being ancient and civilized for thousands of years
1. Many of them were enslaved, fell victim to disease and were massacred. Domin
Part 1 Review
1. Knowing that the Church has both visible and spiritual aspects, what attitude should we take
in studying Church history?
We must be insightful and aware of what often influenced Church history such as politics, etc.
There has to be a grai
The Church in the Middle Ages
1. Origin in Cluny (Central France)
- return to the rule and spirit of St. Benedict
- true Christian discipleship poverty/simplicity
- freedom from lay influence
- Cluny = leader of monasticism
2. The founding of a monastery,