Thursday January 10, 2012
Homicide in Canada
How is homicide defined?
- criminal code of canada
- "the killing of one human being by another human being"
- homicides can be culpable (with blame) or non-culpable (not blameworthy)
Thursday January 31, 2013
Honour Crimes in Canada
- worldwide 5000 honour killings in a year, Canada , 13 since 2002
- Aqsa "Axa" Parve, 16, was murdered in Mississauga in 2007. her brother Waqas
Parvez had strangled her to death when Asqa
Thursday January 24, 2013
Intimate Partner Homicide
Who and When are people at risk?
- greatest risk spousal partner homicide: females age 15-24
- victims of dating partner homicide by age group and sex of the victim
- in older age, men are at g
Thursday January 17, 2013
Chapter 11 Powerpoint
Sudden Death and Homicide Investigation
"Burning Bridges Theory"
- once anything is done at a scene, the scene is permanently changed and can never
be restored to its original state
- when the body