Monday October 4, 2010
Social Class: the SDoH
- socioeconomic status (SES)
- more or less the social determinant of health
- includes things like: income, occupation, education
- note: not mutually dependent
- essentially the same as social clas
Theories and Medical Systems
Monday September 27, 2010
- short essay, but start think about it now
- max 2 pages
- illness memoir
- not necessarily your illness- but you do have a story
- broad definition of illness
- what happened?
- how can we und
Monday September 20, 2010
- Theories and Foundational research found within social determinants of health
- theories about where health came from
- Important Terms:
- Rates (suicide rates, crime rates, etc.)
- the amount that certain things (sui
Monday September 13, 2010
What is Health?
- World Health Organization: "A state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing."
What does it mean to say you are healthy?
- Free from disease?
- Chronic, non-debilitationg diseases
- myopia & hyperopia