Review Questions-Principles of Visual Merchandising-chapters 1,3,5 and Class Notes Quiz #2
1. Display uses various types of lines to achieve direction. Show a rough drawing beside each line and
name the association each line makes.
1. What group ultimately decide whether a style will be fashionable or not?
Costumers ultimately decide, and they decide a fashionable style by buying or not.
2. Apparel styles are often named for periods of history in which they were introduced. Name
Study Questions for Chapter 1 Test
1. New designs that are still in the introductory stage of the fashion cycle are generally called what?
2. Fashion is evolutionary, not revolutionary" is best explained by which statements in your text?
Dynamics of Fashion
The Echo Boom (Gen Y) Analysis of Demographics and Psychographics
What are their
Where do they live?
Type of housing?
What are their
Origin Source of Fiber
Fiber length, shape, cross
section diagram pg 23
Cotton is a seed fiber, it is
attached to the seed of
Cotton has good strength and
Dean & Dan Caten
Dean Caten and Dan Caten are twins; both of them were born in Canada and both of them are
designers and they are running on a fashion brand called Dsquared2. They do men, women and
kids clothes, and their brand also include in shoes, purs
Review for test Chapter 2 and 3
Money that an individual or family has left over after providing for food, basic clothing, shelter, taxes and transportation is
You should know these:
Psychographics-are studies that
1. Classify the following display examples as one-item, line-of-goods, related merchandise, or
a. Three mannequins wearing ensembles from Liz Claibornes new spring collection.
b. An evening gown by Armani.
1. Describe the theory of fashion cycles and explain why it accelerated in the 20 th century.
The theory of fashion attempt to explain the movement of fashion.
2. According to leading fashion authorities, what are the three basic rules that govern the