1. The visual pigment chromophore, retinal (vitamin A aldehyde), has a molar extinction
coefficient (in ethanol) of 43,000 at 375nm.
a. What should be the absorbance at 375nm of a 45.0 mol dm-3 solution of retinal
in a 1cm cuvette?
b. If due to
1. In the example in Figure 5.14, F0=50 and Finf=75. What are the K and
Gunf at 35C?
Provide round estimate for enthalpy and entropy of unfolding (in the approximation those
are temperature independent: frequently
H and S vary with temperatur
1. Explain the meaning of 90 and of 180 degree pulse
2. Outline the process by which NMR spectral data are converted into structural and dynamic
information about a protein. Your answer should include information on NOE, T1 and T2
c. Use the diagrams to sketch representations
1. 1. If 10 mL of 1M NaOH are added to one liter of a buffer that is 0.3 M acetic acid and 0.2 M
sodium acetate (Na+CH3COO), how much does the pH change? The pKa for acetic acid is
4.76 (Hints: Use HendersonHasselbalch equation)
2. 2. How much