IFM Ch 1 tute sol
What are the various categories of multinational firms?
ANSWER. Raw materials seekers, market seekers, and cost minimizers.
b. What is the motivation for international expansion of firms within each category?
ANSWER. The raw materia
Ch 10 Tutorial Questions
1. What is translation exposure? Transaction exposure?
3. What factors affect a company's translation exposure? What can the company do to affect its
degree of translation exposure?
5. In order to eliminate all risk on its exports
Describe the Eurocurrency and
Eurobond markets and explain why
Describe the characteristics of various
products issued in Euromarkets
Explain the links between the
Euromarkets and their dome
Measuring and Managing
Translation and Transaction
Define translation and
Define four principal currency
Describe and apply the current
(FASB-52) translation method
IFM 6409: Ch 13
Pricing of zero-coupon bond example p. 466
In the fall of 1984, Exxon sold $1.8 billion principal amount of zero-coupon
Eurobonds due November 2004 (maturity period 20 years) at an annual
compounded yield of 11.65% Find the price of bond t
Ch 11 Tute questions
1. a. Define exposure, differentiating between accounting and economic
exposure. What role does inflation play?
b. Describe at least three circumstances under which economic exposure is
likely to exist.
c. Of what relevance are
Corporate Strategy and
Foreign Direct Investment
Identify motives for companies
to invest abroad
Identify comparative advantage
that a firm must have
Describe strategies adopted by
MNCs to overcome the barriers
International Financing and
National Capital Markets
Describe trends in corporate
Explain why bank lending is on
Explain globalization of financial
IFM Ch 12 Tute Questions
1. What are some basic differences between the financing patterns of U.S. and Japanese firms?
What might account for some of these differences?
5. Many financial commentators believe that bond owners and traders today have
Topic 2. Australian Financial Market Chapter 2
Q-1: What are the two markets that make up the equity market?
Answer: There are basically two markets in equity securities. The first is the primary market. This
market involves the issue of new securities wh
Unit Number: 6378
Unit Title: Investment
Lecture Two Australian Financial Markets
Dr Habib Khan
Equity markets in Australia
Australian debt markets
Australian property markets
1 Equity markets in Australia
Chapter 1: The investment decision
Q-3: What are the four main asset classes?
Answer 3: The four main asset classes are equity, cash, fixed interest and property. Examples
of securities in the equity asset class are Australian company st
Tutorial Ch 6
3. What role do property rights and the price system play in national development and economic
5. Exhibit 6.8 describes some economic changes that have been instituted by Mexico in recent
a. What are the consequence
Law of Financial Institutions and Services
Tutorial Week 3
Primary Discussion Topic:
What were the principal forces seen by the Financial System Inquiry (1997), and by
the Government in its original CLERP Policy Statement, to drive the broadening
Ch 7 tutorial guidelines
Please note this is only suggested direction for writing the answers. Detailed
answers can be found in the text-book chapter.
1. Answer the following questions based on data in Exhibit 7.5.
a. How many Swiss francs can