(on the nail)
6. Golgi Apparatus
Anatomy & Physiology 34A Lab
Lab Exercise 21 Spinal Cord & Spinal Nerves
I. Lab Objectives
A. Identify spinal cord structures, and associated features on spinal cord models
B. Identify the 31 pairs of spinal nerves
C. Identify the four major nerve plexuse
The Nervous System
Models: Be sure to study all the different models. Identify the structures from the list below.
1. Brain models study the different brain models
2. Spinal cord model(s)
5. Eye models study the different eye mod
Unit 1: Directional and Regional Terms, Cell Organelles,
Mitosis, Tissues, and Integument
Anatomy 32 Lab Terms List for Unit 1 Labs
Lab Exercise 1 Directional terms, surface anatomy landmarks, body planes &
sections, body cavities & their serous membranes
El Camino College
Tissue Preparation for microscopy
Developmental aspects of tissue
PREPARING HUMAN TISSUE FOR
Unit 2: Skeletal System
Bones of the Skull
A. Cranial Bones
1. Ethmoid Bone (8)
i. Crista Galli
ii. Cribriform Plate
iii. Lateral Mass (orbital plate)
iv. Middle Nasal Concha
v. Olfactory Foramina
vi. Orbital Plate
vii. Perpendicular plate
hizopus n igricans (SlglelUter)
Lab Test 1 Study Sheet
Anatomical Terminology, Cell Organelles, Cell Division, Histology, Integument
Anatomy Models to Study
Some of these models are available in the learning resource center of the library. Open Lab allows
1. Liquid part of blood is -2. Blood platelets, RBC and WBC are - -.
3. Plasma form about -% of blood and formed elements form about -% of blood.
4. 92% of plasma is -, 7% are -, and other solutes together are 1%.
5. 60% of plasma proteins are
CNS and PNS
Brain: has 4 main parts:
4. Brain Stem
Main Cavities of Brain
Lateral Ventricles are present in cerebral hemispheres
3rd ventricle is present in Diencephalon
Nervous Tissue and Fundamentals of Nervous System
The nervous system is the main system to communicate and coordinate body activities by sending
electrical impulses. Nervous system forms a communication network in whole body.
Integumentary system is formed of
Cutaneous Membrane or Skin
Epidermis 1. Stratum basale 2 stratum spinosum 3. Stratum granulosum 4. Stratum lucidum (thick
skin of hands and feet) 5. Stratum corneum
Bones and bone tissue
Skeletal Cartilages have solid matrix
with holes = lacunae
cells in lacunae = Chondrocyte
lot of water in matrix and covered with fibrous Perichondrium.
Structure of bones
Bone and cartilage ar
Blood Vessels Chapter 14
3 Types of Capillaries
Both arteries and veins are formed of 3 concentric layers
Tunica interna, Tunica Media and Tunica Externa. Tunica
Interna has epithelium and connective tissue. Tunica media
is formed of smooth mu
Recaps Brain, Cranial Nerves and ANS
1. Mid brain has 2 pairs of - and - peduncles (thick tracts) in it.
2. -, - and - form Hind brain.
3. 2 functional systems present in brain are - and - and are formed of different parts of brain.
1. Heart lies in- of chest.
2. Heart feels on the left side because its - lies on left side and -, major artery also passes on left side.
3. Heart is covered by outer - - and inner - -.
4. Cardiac muscle fibers form the thicker middle layer -.
Recap Reproductive System
1. Gonads are - sex organs; Testes in males produce sperms and Ovaries in females produce
eggs. All other organs needed for reproduction and development are secondary organs.
2. Male reproductive system consists of a pair of -, a
Recap Special Senses
1. Tears are produced by - glands.
2. -Rectus and -Oblique extrinsic muscles rotate the eyeball.
3. -is the internal lining of eyelids, the mucous membrane covering anterior side of the eyeball.
4. Light passes through -, - humor, - i
Recap Digestive System
1. -is outermost thing covering of intestine and is formed of Squamous epithelium and a small amount of
2. Muscularis externa is formed of outer -muscles and inner -muscles.
3. - is a thin sheet of muscles between
Recap Urinary System
1. Urinary system removes -waste materials, maintain -balance and -balance.
2. Urine is formed in - and is stored in -.
3. - carries urine from kidneys to bladder and -carries urine to outside.
4. Each kidney has about 1 million of fu
Recap to Endocrine System
1. All hormones travel through - to their - cells.
2. All hormones are present in blood but act only their target cells due to presence of - - .
3. Anterior pituitary secretes - for thyroid; - hormone for adrenal gland; - , and -