1. According to the opening case:
A. Walmart has been successful in all of its markets around the world.
B. Walmart was not successful in Mexico.
C. Walmart is now the largest retailer in Germany.
D. Shoppers act the same way in all countrie
1. According to the opening case, what caused the economic turnaround in Ghana?
A. the country's dependence on cash crops
B. the domination of the economy by state-owned enterprises
C. the government adopting a socialist ideology
1. A stronger Korean won, remembering that Kia cars sold in the United States are paid
for in dollars, means what for the Korean based Kia? A. a need to hedge Japanese yenB. a
use for the Euro, a neutral currencyC. less profitD. a use for go
1. According to the opening case study, what factor helped to make India an attractive
location for the manufacture of pharmaceuticals?
A. India's early experience in the generic drug business
B. India's restrictive government regulations
1. The opening case shows that the European Court of Justice can deal with matters
A. encouragement for EU integration
B. opposition to EU integration
C. the speed of integration
D. milk subsidies
E. national television markets
1. According to the opening case, a competitive advantage of Walmart in India was its
A. store size
B. store locations
C. management training
E. Walmart is not in India
2. When a firm invests directly in new facilities to produ
1. Which of the following refers to a situation where a government does not attempt to
restrict what its citizens can buy from another country or what they can sell to another
A. free trade
B. unencumbered trade
C. sovereign trade
1. According to the opening case, the most important reason to assemble iPhones in
China was due to:
A. lower labour costs in China
B. foreign exchange rates
C. consumer preferences for foreign items
D. the ability to scale production up and
1. The opening case on mining notes that one of the ethical issues affecting Canadian
mining companies operating internationally include
A. differences in economic development.
B. differences in legal systems.
C. monitoring labour practices
What I did well as an Interviewee: With a professional attitude, I greeted the
interviewer by his first name with a cheerful smile on my face. I definitely tried to
mood-match my interviewer and get underneath
Comments: When presenting statistical information it is important that the information is
easily understood without much thinking. Different Pie and Bar Chart are used to display
statistical information. In our case the Bar Chart shows us