Compound Interest Future
Week 1 Lecture Notes
Compound interest is the interest that is paid
periodically on the principal or the present
value of the loan or investment. The
interest can be compounded dail
BMTH 100/120 Course Information Sheet
This information sheet summarizes some of the important items related to BMTH 100/120. If you have
questions about the course, please ask. If unsure who to ask, the math coordinator, Kate Zhang, can
direct you to an e
In Class Review:
1. The list price of canned foods at a wholesalers outlet is $65 and the net price
is $48. What is the trade discount rate?
2. The net price of an item is $630 and its list price is $12600. What is the trade
discount on t
BMTH 100 Practice In Class October 20th
1. How much did Alexis deposit every month into her savings account if she has $15,000
after 24 month-end deposits? The money in her account was growing at 4.8%
2. Edwin wants to set up
BMTH 100 Practice November 29th
1. A trade discount of 15% on a product resulted in a trade discount amount of
a. What was the list price of the product?
b. What was the net price of the product?
2. Skis are listed by a manufacturer for
BMTH 100 Practice
1. Samantha and Baxter start a business that manufactures cutting tools. They sell the
tools for $80 each. Their monthly fixed costs are $3800 for the building lease and utilities
and $2800 for salaries. The cost of supplies for
BMTH 100 April 1st/4th Practice
1. Harris owns a DVD manufacturing factory that produces DVDs and sells them for
$0.30 each. The fixed costs are $8640 per month and variable costs are $0.05 per
unit. Calculate the number of DVDs he needs to produ
BMTH 100/120 Review Test 2A
A truck valued at $22 300 was bought for $6100 down and equal payments at the
end of each month for 4 years. If interest was 8.5% compounded semi-annually,
what was the monthly payment? How much interest was charged?
BMTH 100 Review Test 1 Form A
Find the maturity value and the compound interest if $3600.00 is invested at 6%
compounded semi-annually for 5 years 7 months.
How many years will it take for $2000.00 to earn interest of $1 000.00 at 3.7%