Name: _ Lab Section: _
Microscopic Examination of Cells
Pre-Lab Questions 1. Read through this handout and visit the link to the Microscope Study Guide in the module for this lab and fill in the functions of the microscope parts (best you can) listed on p
Scientific Method and Plant Growth
*Lab adapted from Bio 1B Lab Manual by K. Duncan, Foothill College and from Investigating Biology
Third Edition by J.G. Morgan and M.E.B. Carter (1999, Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Inc.)
1. Use the sc
Nervous System and Senses
*From Biology 1B Lab Manual by K. Duncan (Foothilll College) and Human Biology Laboratory Manual
by S.S. Mader (2002, McGraw Hill)
At the end of this lab you should be able to:
1. Identify the following structures of t
*Lab adapted from UC Berkeley Bio1B Lab Manual
1. Describe the symptoms associated with various mineral deficiencies.
2. Determine whether a given mineral nutrient is mobile or immobile.
Plants require at least 17
Plant Reproduction, Seeds and Seedlings
*Lab adapted from UC Berkeley Bio1B Lab Manual, and Bio1B lab manual by K. Duncan, Foothill
1. Focus on the details of the angiosperm life cycle. Be sure you understand the link
between the gameto
* This lab was inspired by Sullivan (1993)
1. Understand the mathematical model describing the optimal relationship between tree
height and tree diameter, and the relevance of the critical buckling line.
2. Using data you collect