The Other Wes Moore Reflection Paragraph Part II
6. The author says, "the chilling truth is that [Wes's] story could have been mine. The tragedy
is that my story could have been his." To what extent do you think that's true? What
ultimately, prevented the
The Other Wes Moore: Reflection Paragraph on Part 1
2. During their youth, Wes and Wes spend most of their time in crime-ridden Baltimore and the
Bronx. How important was that environment in shaping their stories and personalilties?
1. Young boys are more
The Other Wes Moore Vocabulary Part ll
55. inquisition: a period of prolonged and intensive questioning or investigation.
56. epiphany: a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand, or suddenly become
conscious of, something that is ve
The Other Wes Moore Vocabulary
90. potential - having or showing the capacity to become or develop into something in the
91. cumbersomely - large or heavy and therefore difficult to carry or use; unwieldy.
92. canon - a general law,
THE TEXT-BASED ESSAY: A GUIDE TO WRITING LITERARY ANALYSIS
THE TEXT-BASED ESSAY: AN INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
English composition courses have historically focused on a range of essay forms that include
narrative, process analysis, comparison and contrast
As Sick As It Gets by Rudolph Mueller, M.D.
Topic: The United States health care system
Main Idea: The American health care system lacks focus on children and members with no
health insurance causing many families to endure suffering and have even lost lo
English 1B / Svetich
Organizing the Comparison / Contrast Essay
Organizing the comparison-contrast essay can be challenging and confusing. Here are two possibilities:
Introduction, thesis statement
Professor Kella Svetich
1 December 2013
The Opposing Perceptions of Free Will, Life, and Death in
Convergence of the Twain, and Titanic
Titanic, by David R. Slavitt, and Convergence of the Twain, by Thomas Hardy look