Chapter 4 Homework: Questions 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9
1. The government classifies expenditures by function and also by object; the classifications are
the same on the fund statement and government wide statements. The character and object
Chapter 7 HW: All Questions
1. The principal classes of capital assets associated with governmental activities that the City
reports in its financial statements are land, construction in progress, infrastructure, buildings and
1. The main source of the governments revenues from governmental activities are internal
service funds. The main source of the governments revenues from business-type activities are
SCVMC, Valley Health Plan, and Other.
3. The SCVMC entity had the greates
Presume your best friend is from another country, and you are both
taking this online accounting ethics class. One day after reading this
chapter you and your friend disagree about whether culture plays a role in
ethics. Your position is that good ethics,
9 October 2016
1. The three main sections of the report are the introductory section, financial section, and
2. A. The entitys annual report of the previous year was awarded a certificate of
1. In which section of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) are
the budget-to-actual comparisons of the major funds?
ANSWER: The budget-to-actual comparisons of the major funds are found in
the financial section.
The city followed budget basis