1.Which of the following variables is not continuous? C
Time of a flight between Atlanta and Chicago
Height of NBA players
The number of obtained heads when a fair coin is tossed 20 times
Average temperature in the month of July in Orlando
Although in pra
Assignment 1 - Introduction
1.The branch of statistical studies called descriptive statistics summarizes important
aspects of a data set.
2. A continuous variable assumes any value from an interval (or collection of intervals).
1. A population consists of _.
A. All items of interest in a sample
B. All items of interest in a statistical problem
C. A subject of interest in a statistical problem
D. A subject of interest in a sample
2. The two branches of the study of statistics a
1. Sampling allows researchers to draw conclusions about the
2. Which scales of data measurement are associated with quantitative
Interval and ratio
3. The branch of statistical studies called inferential statistics refers to
An analyst collects data on the weekly closing price of
gold throughout a year. The scale of this data is
An undergraduate student's status (freshman, sophomore,
junior, and senior) is an example o