1. The recent wave of terrorism can be compared to a similar wave that took place
a. a century ago.*
b. two centuries ago.
c. five centuries ago.
d. in democratic Athens.
2. Political violence is defined as
a. violence outsid
Less-Developed and Newly Industrializing Countries
1. Less-developed and newly industrializing countries have been traditionally
grouped together as the
a. third world.*
b. third estate.
c. second tier.
d. second class.
2. In developing and less
1. One of the distinctions made with regard to globalization and past waves of
human interaction is the difference between
a. thick and thin connections.*
b. shallow and deep connections.
c. narrow and wide connections.
1. Which of the following does ONeil not list as a basic element of liberal democracy?
2. ONeil notes that the modern form of democracy, in which the public participates
1. Advanced democracies are defined as those that possess
a. a large welfare state.
b. institutionalized democracy and a high level of economic development.*
c. gender equality.
d. All of the above.
2. In the past, the advan