22. _ is the identification of key issues confronting organizations and the management of
organizational responses to them.
A. knowledge management
B. change management
C. issues management
D. cultural communication
E. organizational communication
What is the purpose of orientation literature?
A. to provide fast and easy answer
B. to provide information about benefits
C. to provide information about a special topic
D. to explain organizational policies to new members
E. to provide a specific me
19. Nonprofits often use this axiom to describe their bottom line: No margin, no _.
20. The Lutheran Services in America organization would best be classified as which of the following
types of nonprofits?
_ is the practice of trying to influence governmental decisions, particularly legislative
votes, by agents who serve interest groups.
B. Public affairs
C. Government relations
D. Issues management
E. Voting management
Lattimore - Chapter 14
12. When did the greatest growth of government regulations occur?
13. During a time period in which Congress may enact 500 laws, federal bureaucracies may issue
B. news releases
Chapter 13 Summary
Lattimore - Chapter 13
# of Questions
1. Public affairs efforts include _.
A. shaping public opinion
B. developing effective responses to matters of public concern
C. helping an organization to adapt to
The growing number of companies "going public" have forced tougher requirements for
disclosure of information.
A. "going public"
B. "cheating investors"
C. "targeting minors"
D. "officing overseas"
E. None of these
Lattimore - Chapter 13 #4
What types of backgrounds should someone have before pursuing a career in financial
A. public relations and marketing
B. finance and public relations
C. marketing and advertising
D. finance and marketing
E. advertising and finance
19. _ are meetings that investment professionals attend specifically to hear company
presentations or discuss corporate issues.
A. conference calls
B. annual meetings
C. investment conferences
D. financial meetings
E. proxy meetings
20. The Wall Street Jo
6. Consistency, credibility and clarity are all major characteristics of a _.
A. annual report
B. annual meeting
C. corporate communication strategy
D. financial press release
E. corporate report
7. SEC regulations apply to all companies with assets of _.
During the market growth stage of the product life cycle, companies typically have _
promotional costs and _ profits.
A. lower, higher
B. higher, no
C. lower, no
D. higher, lower
E. no, higher
Lattimore - Chapter 12 #9
What happens when a company h
Based on a 1999 Harris Interactive Poll, overall customer satisfaction has been _ since
B. staying stable
E. none of these
Lattimore - Chapter 12 #21
What company has developed the Geek Squad
24. According to the Council of Better Business Bureaus, what industry was the leader in terms of the
A. automotive dealers
B. Internet websites such as eBay
C. clothing stores
D. cable companies
E. telephone companies
25. Soliciting cons
12. In the product life cycle, what helps increase consumer awareness during the growth stage of a
A. sales promotions
B. free giveaways
D. universal name recognition
13. What media organization was granted an exclusive ne
Chapter 11 Summary
Lattimore - Chapter 11
# of Questions
1. _ is one of the most powerful ingredients in any organization's marketing mix.
A. public relations
2. What did
7. The American Medical Association and the AARP are types of _ in the area of
A. health and human services organizations
B. membership associations
C. educational institutions
D. religious institutions
E. technology organizations
A _ is a group of people who raise or spend at least $1,000 in connection with a
B. political action committee
C. membership association
D. political party
E. advocacy group
Lattimore - Chapter 14 #21
To a PAC, "100 perc
Which of the following best characterizes the 20th century model of public relations?
A. external, independent counselor
B. internal, independent counselor
C. external, networked counselor
D. internal, networked counselor
E. internal and external cons
Contests and continuous information updates are one way practitioners develop brand
Lattimore - Chapter 17 #6
_ is based on the premise that keeping an existing customer is less costly and
9. Based on the information provided in Mini-Case 17.2, what business is Music City involved in?
A. Internet file sharing
B. Internet e-mail
C. Internet advertising
D. Marketing the music industry
10. What types of firms now control most of t
_ supports sales, attracts employees and improves the quality of life for
employees and executives.
A. Employee relations
B. Community relations
C. Public affairs
D. Financial relations
E. Media relations
Lattimore - Chapter 16 #28
What's the aver
Newsletters, advertising, Internet sites and marketing communication materials are what type
of routes of communication?
E. cross-media integration
Lattimore - Chapter 16 #16
What company imple
Which of the following best describes consumer trust in corporations and CEOs?
A. has stayed steady since 1974
B. has hit an all-time high
C. has hit an all-time low
D. fluctuates every year
E. none of these
Lattimore - Chapter 16 #4
Which of the fo
12. Recent college graduates in the area of public relations should expect to start out as _ in
the public relations work force.
E. account planners
13. Corporate communicators spend most of their time
24. What is the percentage of corporate communicators who do NOT monitor the blogosphere?
25. For most companies, what is the most important audience for a company blog?
C. sales representatives
Chapter 15 Summary
Lattimore - Chapter 15
# of Questions
1. A target _ is used when the goal is to reach people with media.
2. A target _ is used when the goal is
How many nonprofits exist in the United States?
A. almost 100,000
B. almost 500,000
C. almost 1 million
D. almost 1.5 million
E. almost 2 million
Lattimore - Chapter 15 #4
What is the average salary for all job titles in nonprofit public relations w
24. The most prominent professional association of public affairs officers is known as the _.
C. Public Affairs Council
D. Organization of Government Relations Professionals
E. Public Affairs and Public Information Officers Organization
During a crisis or scandal for a nonprofit organization, what can happen to the existence of the
A. be jeopardized
B. be reenergized from the publicity
C. be open to change
D. be purchased by a for-profit
Lattimore - Chapter 1
Which of the following goals WAS NOT part of Deloitte's Impact Day events?
A. Enhance the Deloitte brand
B. Raise visibility of Deloitte's member firms
C. Receive recognition through increased media coverage
D. Increase traffic during Impact Day event