Chapter 8 Review
1. Find the following z-scores (z-values). Find the z-score (z) for the standard normal distribution
shown in the diagram below. Parts a, b and c are unrelated.
z = _
b) The random variable Z is the standard normal distrib
Business Stat I
1. Consider an investment whose return is normally distributed with a
mean of 40%
and a standard deviation of 40%. What is the
probability that the return will be more than 40% ?
2. Find the following
You take a random sample of 100 students at your university and find that
their average GPA is 3.1. If you use this information to help you estimate the
average GPA for all students at your university, then you are doing what
Chapter 9 Review
1. It is claimed that the average waiting time at an amusement park is 30 minutes with a
standard deviation of 15 minutes. A random sample of 65 lines was selected and,
therefore, the mean of this sample belongs to a sampling distribution
Additional Review Problems
The following table lists the joint probabilities associated with smoking and
lung disease for 60 to 65 year-old men.
He has lung disease
He does not have lung .17
Complete the tabl
Which of the following would not be a continuous random variable?
A Body temperature of small children.
B The distance in miles driven on a trip.
C Weight of students upon graduation from college.
D Number of attempts to make a field goal in
1. Which of the following statistics is a measure of central location?
a. The mean
b. The median
c. The mode
d. All of these choices are true.
2. Which measure of central location is meaningful when the data are nominal?
a. The mean
b. The media
Stat 1 chp6
1. An approach of assigning probabilities which assumes that all outcomes
of the experiment are equally likely is referred to as the:
a. subjective approach
b. objective approach
c. classical approach
d. relative frequency appr
1. The classification of student major (accounting, economics, management, marketing,
other) is an example of a(n)
a. nominal random variable.
b. interval random variable.
c. continuous random variable.
2. A researcher wishes to es
Chapter 5 Review Problems
Which of the following situations lends itself to cluster samples?
a. When it is difficult to develop a complete list of the population members.
b. When the population members are widely dispersed.
c. When selecting and collectin
EXAM 1 - REVIEW
1. Which of the following uses the least amount of information from the data concerning dispersion?
A) Standard deviation
2. Which of the following is not the same as the other answers?
Chapter 7 Review
1. Maria is not a good student. Her exam strategy is to rely on luck for the next quiz. The quiz
consists of 5 multiple-choice questions. Each question has four possible answers, only one of
which is correct. Maria plans to guess the answ
Business Stat I
Review Chapter 6
1. If A and B are any two events with P(A) = .8 and P(B|A c) = .7, find P(Ac and B)
2. Suppose P(A) = 0.30, P(B) = 0.50, and P(B|A) = 0.60.
Find P(A or B).
3. If two events are independent, wh