Playing hard to get is a good way of getting someone interested in you romantically, playing
hard to get is just something people do to get attention. To be honest I dont understand why
people try to play hard to get because it wont work for everyone. In
1. What two significant historical occurrences advanced the development of music in the
nineteenth century? Explain how each had an impact on music and society.
2. Listen to Schubert's Erlkonig (CD 3: Tr. 1-8); however, try not to follow the translation.
1. In the Middle Ages, the Catholic Church predominated in almost every aspect of life, and the
Catholic Mass was an integral part of church activities. Did the Catholic Church, particularly the
Mass, have any impact on music? How?
2. Sacred music in the
1. The first task will be to introduce yourself and let me know what your background is in music
and online learning. Give your name, if you play (or have played) an instrument or sing, and if
you've ever taken an online class.
2. Explain why you have dec
1. Listen to Ives: Country Band March (CD 4: Tr. 14-20). Is the structure Ives uses a true march
structure? Explain your answer. Also, list and explain at least two innovative techniques Ives
commonly utilized in his music.
2. Listen to the Copland, Appal
1. Listen to CD 1: Tr. 60-65; Vivaldi: Spring from The Four Seasons (I Allegro). What type of sounds
in nature are the violin soloists imitating? Does Vivaldi's program music paint a specific picture?
Explain your answer.
2. List and explain the elements