53. List the elements that combine to form 98% of the materials in the crust
Like all substances, minerals are composed of elements.
A compound is two or more elements chemically joined together.
Almost 99% of the minerals making up the Earth 's crust are
Quiz#22 Name: QMAMHA KWLAND
Q 1.) Past continental glaciers had which of the following effects:
a) changes in climate b) modifying landscapes c) changes in river course
(1) altering sea level e) all of the above
V' 2.)Presently, where is most of the ice
Quiz #19 Name: SAMAWHA HalfLAND
1. The main process that counteracts mountain building and
shapes the surface of continents is: a. erosion b. volcanism
c. subduction (1. wind e. evaporation
2. Mountains with high elevations are high because:
How old is the universe?
13.7 billion years.
2. How old is our planet?
4.6 billion years.
3. The oldest rocks exposed at the surface in the state of Florida are?
50 million years.
4. Which would have the greatest chance of being fossiliz
1) Explain the formation of the Earth. Be sure to include the differentiation
process in your answer.
The Earth is thought to have been formed about 4.6 billion years ago by collisions in
the giant disc-shaped cloud of mater