i) Identify the issue:
Can Mr. Gollum be sued after selling a fake gold ring to Mr. Gollum who later found out the
truth and intended to report the matter to the police or is there an existence of misrepresentation?
ii) Discuss the relevant legal princ
Chapter 8. Consideration and Privity
1. Explain the nature of consideration and the role it plays in the formation of contracts.
2. Describe past consideration and explain why it cannot support a contract.
3. Distinguish betw
CHAPTER1. Risk Management and Sources of Law
1. Explain why it is important for business people to study law.
Risk Management is the process of identifying, evaluating, and responding to the
possibility of harmful events.
Chapter 10. Contractual Defects
1. Identify six types of parties that lack capacity or have limited capacity to contract.
2. Distinguish between voidable and enforceable contracts with a minor.
3. Explain what it means for a
Chapter 2. Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
1. Describe class actions and explain when they can be used.
2. List the advantages and disadvantages of hiring lawyers and paralegals.
3. Define pleadings and list fiv
Chapter 7. The Nature and Creation of Contracts
1. Identify three essential elements of most contracts.
2. Outline the situations in which people generally do or do not have an intention to create legal relations.
Many ethnic groups use a distinctive language
To signal their ethnic identity
Maori speakers of English in N. Z. routinely use:
Maori greetings: kia ora
emphatic phrases: e ki
softening tags: ne,
even when neither speaker i
Steepest angle a slope can maintain without collapsing
The exact angle varies depending on the material
* at the angle of repose, shear stress is exactly balanced by shear
FoS is equal or just above 1.0
Assess the balance between the strength of
Week 3 - Formation of a Contract
and Contractual Defects
Privity of Contract
Strangers to a contract cant be forced to comply
with, nor enforce, the contract
Stranger is someone who did not participate in the creation