Confucius: 551- 479 BCE
- was critical about political domain
Believed loss of morality and virtue -> leading to social chaos.
His 5 principles were:
1) Humane Goodness- right and good, right virtues.
2) Princely gentleman mobility ->
Basic Hindu Terminology
1) Ahimsa- To do no harm, avoidance of violence.
2) Aryans- Indo- Iranian came to the Indus valley from Russia. Brought their culture and
religion with them, caste system, etc.
3) Atman- The true self of an individual beyond identi
Life and Teaching of the Buddha
Siddhartha snuck out of his fathers kingdom where his father didnt allow him to see what
happened outside the walls. Outside the kingdom walls he saw;
Four Passing Sights:
1) At night- Old Age
2) At night- Sickness
3) At ni