Chapter 2: A Mathematical Toolkit (pg. 15-41)
1. Nonzero digits are always significant.
2. All final zeros after the decimal are significant. (TRAILING)
3. Zeros between two other significant figures are significant. (CAPTIVE)
Question: What are the seven main
contemporary perspectives in
The Role of Biology
The Biological Perspective
The biological perspective of psychology emphasizes the influence
of biology on our behavior.
Biologically oriented psychologists f
Video #3 The Behaving Brain
The most complex structure in the universe is the . There are about 10
cells in the brain. These cells called I , come in labout
different types. They are designed to do just three things:
TITLE OF LESSON PLAN:
The Interpretation of Dreams
LENGTH OF LESSON:
One class period
Lara Maupin, humanities teacher, Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and
Technology, Alexandria, Virginia.
The Wrath of Grendel
1. What imagery is associated with Grendel, making his evil nature apparent?
words like: demonfiendhaunted the moorshis home in hellspawned in slime
The Wrath of Grendel
Describe the Biblical allusion and its si
CREATIVE PROJECT RUBRIC (RESPONSE TO LITERATURE)
Meets the standard
Approaches the standard
Below the standard
Shows a high level of understanding and
What is the difference between sensation
Sensation is the process of receiving
information from the environment.
Perception is the process of organizing this
information and makin
Neurotransmitters chemicals messengers released by terminal buttons through the synapse cleft (page
58) we should know at least 6 and what they do
Dendrites: receive messages from other cells
Cell body: the cells life support center
7 perspectives conference questions.
1. What effects do our childhood experiences have on our social behavior later in life?
2. What meaning do the id, the ego, and super ego have for your perspective?
3. Do you think
03 October 2016
The seafarer is a poem in which the author narrates his story set in the 19th century during the
Anglo-Saxon era. He starts by remembering his travels and the struggles he has been th