MTH 141 Test #4 Review (5.1-5.6)
Determine if each of the following functions are one-to-one.
1. f(x) = |x 4|
2. g(x) = x2
3. h(x) = 3x 7
4. f(x) = x3 7x + 1
Solutions: We can look at the graph to see if it passes the horizontal line test.
1. Since the gr
MTH 141 Unit 3 Review (3.5-3.8, 4.1-4.2)
For each polynomial below (a) state its degree (b) describe/graph its end behavior (c) find all of its
zeros, state the multiplicity of each, and whether the graph passes through the x-axis or turns around at
MTH 141 Final Exam Review
1. Find an equation of the line containing the points
2. Given the function
3. Given the function
, answer the following:
a) Is the point
on the graph of f?
, what is x?
c) What is the
MTH 141 Final Exam Review: KEY
1. y x
2. f 1 1; f x
; f x 1
3. a) No; b) x 2 ; c) ,
4. Plot the y-intercept: 0,1 . Then use slope as
to plot two
3 right 3
5. a) r
Test #2 Review (2.2-2.3, 2.5-2.6, 3.1-3.3)
Write the equation that results in the desired transformation.
1. the squaring function shifted left 3 units
Answer: y = (x + 3)2
2. the cube root function shifted up 5 units
y 3 x 5
3. the square root fu
MTH 141 Test #1 Review
1. If a right triangle has one leg of length 8 cm and hypotenuse with length 18 c, find the length of the
82 l 2 182
64 l 2 324
l 2 260
l 260 2 65
2. Find the distance between the points (4, 2) and (0, 6).
BFN3084 International Finance
Group Assignment : Balance of Payments
Country : Poland ( Group 9 )
Lecturer : Nguyen Thi Phuong Lan
1.0 Table of Content
Table of Content
Initial capital investment for first year (Budget)
Initial Investment Required for Startup Cost:
Brake Fluid 0.5 L = RM 20 / 2
Element S/A Oil Filter = RM 13
1. Draw a queuing system configuration for each and describe its components.
a) A car wash
b) A barbershop
c) A cafeteria
d) A grocery store
e) A hospital emergency room
A shopping mall is considering setting up an information desks manned b
Autocorrelation and Partial Autocorrelation
Ver si on 15. 0. 0
Autocorrelation and partial autocorrelation are measures o
*In this chapter we will begin to organize and describe data sets.
Sec 2.1: Frequency Distributions and Their Graphs
Frequency Distribution: A table that shows classes or intervals of data with
a count (called the frequenc
Mth 139 Review #3
Chapters: 6, 7
1. A random sample of 56 American beech trees has a mean height of 10.452 meters. The
population standard deviation is known to be 2.130 meters. Construct a 95% confidence
interval for the population mean. (Be able to inte
Chapter 1: Introduction to Statistics
Sec 1.1: An Overview of Statistics
1. Statistics: Science of collecting, organizing, analyzing, and
interpreting data in order to make decisions.
2. Data: Consists of information coming from obs
Chapter 7: Hypothesis Testing With One Sample
Sec 7.1: Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
Hypothesis Testing: A process that uses sample statistics to test a claim
about the value of a population parameter.
Statistical Hypothesis: A Claim about a populati
CHAPTER 6: Confidence Intervals
Sec 6.1: Confidence Intervals for the Mean ( known)
Point Estimate = A single value estimate for a population parameter. x is the best
single point estimate for .
Interval Estimate = Is an interval, or range of values, used
Chapter 3: Probability
Sec 3.1: Basic Concepts of Probability
1. Probability Experiment = An action or trial through which specific results are
2. Outcome = The result of a single trial in a probability experiment.
3. Sample Space =