History of Combinatorics
The history of combinatorics is an area of study within
the history of mathematics. Its focus ranges from antiquity
to modern times.
Combinatorics is a branch of mathematics concerning the
study of fini
Week 3 Assignment
1. Create a function f(x) that will produce a single number based upon the following rules. The
order below must be maintained.
a. Add 3 to input number x.
b. Divide the result of a. by 2
c. Multiply the result of
1. Answer the following questions:
a. Let A = cfw_1, 2, 3, 4, B = cfw_Cats, Dogs, Fish, C = cfw_8, 10, 11, 7
How many elements does each set have?
Which sets are ordered sets?
cfw_1,Cats, 1,Dogs, 1,Fish, 2,Cats, 2,Dogs
Week 5 Trees W5A1:
W5A1: In this assignment you will demonstrate an understanding of tree structures through the
application of inorder traversal to develop algebraic expressions from existing tree structures and
develop tree structures from given algebra
1. Consider the following binary numbers and convert them to their equivalent hexadecimal
representation. Show all work.
a. 1000 1111 1110 10102
(1000111111101010)2 = (8FEA)16 = 8FEAh
b. 1111 1010 1110 10102
(1111101011101010)2 = (FAEA)16 = FAEAh
Week 1 Assignment
1. Inclusion: every element of a set is included in another set.
a. Example: A=cfw_4,5,6) B= cfw_4,5,6
2. Identity: Two or more sets are exactly the same. They do not have to
be in the same order.