Foreach of the following sampling plans, indicate why the target population and the
sampledpopulationarenot the same.
Todetermine the opinions and attitudes of customers who regularly shop at a
particular mall, a surveyor stands outside a large dep
October 3, 2016
The sample space of the toss of a fair die is
The Sample space of the toss of a fair die would be S = cfw_1,2,3,4,5,6.
If the die is balanced each simple event has the same probability. Fin
MGMT 2340 Section W01
Business Statistics I
Instructor: E. Mark Leany
contact via Blackboard
Statistics YOU Might Use
Sports - Example: Babe Ruth's
Career Batting Average is .342
Whose opinion to listen
When you have completed
this chapter you will be
Frequency Tables, Frequency
Distributions, and Graphic Presentation
1 Organize qualitative data
into a frequency table.
Chapter 7 Notes Statistics:
1. Discrete Random Variable:
a. One that takes on a countable number of values
b. E.g. Values on the roll of dice:
2. Continuous Random Variable:
a. One whose values are not discrete, not countable
b. E.g. Tim
Chapter 3 notes:
1. Holms quote and first paragraph (p.43)
2. An Individuals self-beliefs and self-evaluations
a. Who am I? How do I feel about myself?
3. Compare perceived job with our perceived and ideal selves.
4. Includes three s
Chapter 7 Organizational Behavior Notes:
1. What are Teams:
a. Groups of two or more people
b. Exist to fulfill a purpose
d. Mutually accountable for achieving common goals
e. Perceive themselves to be a team
2. Many Types
Chapter 4 Notes:
1. Psychological, Behavioral, and physiological episodes that create a state of readiness.
2. Most emotions occur without our awareness
3. Two features of all emotions:
a. Valence (core affect or emotional value associated with
1. Focused, intense, persistent, purposive, effort toward goals
2. Includes both emotional and cognitive motivation.
3. High level of absorption
Drives and Needs:
a. Prime movers of behavior
b. Energize behavior by generati
Chapter 9 Notes:
Power and Influence in the Workplace:
The Meaning of power:
1. The capacity of a person, team, or organization to influence others.
2. Potential to change attitudes and behavior.
3. Perception: Target perceives powerholder controls the va
MiniTab Home Work
Normal, Mean=7.5, StDev=1.2
Normal, Mean=7.5, StDev=1.2
Statistic Notes Chapter 2:
1. Interval Data:
a. Real Numbers (Heights, Weights, Prices, etc.
b. Also referred to as quantitative or numerical.
2. Nominal Data:
a. The values of nominal data are categories.
b. E.g. responses to question about marital
Chapter 6 Notes:
1. Complement Event: is two outcomes of an event that are the only two possible outcomes. This is
like flipping a coin and getting heads or tails.
a. P(A) + P(A) = 1
2. Intersection of Two Events: A and B is the set of all sample points t
Stats notes 01/12/2016:
Question one on the test:
1. Stats is the science of:
c. Summarizing and
d. Interpreting Data
Notes and Information:
1. Sometimes you cannot calculate the mean
a. Example ( find the average between Spain
MGMT 2340 Formula Sheet for Exam 2
Discrete Probability Distribution
Rules for probability:
General Addition Rule: P( A or B) = P( A) + P(B) P( A and B)
Conditional Probability: P( A | B
MGMT 2340 Formula Sheet for Exam 3
Standard Normal Distribution:
If X ~ N( , ), then Z =
~ N( 0,1 ).
Distribution of the sample mean (for a simple random sample of size n):
If ~(, ), then ~ (, ) and = ~ (0,1)
Central Limit Theorem:
Practice Exam 4 MGMT 23
A machine dispenses potato chips into bags that are advertised as containing one pound of product. To be onIthe
safe side, the machine is supposed to be calibrated to dispense 16.07 ounces per bag, and from long time
Statistics: A way to get information from data. It is the science of collecting, organizing,
summarizing, and interpreting data for the purpose of making decisions.
Data - Statistics - Information
Statistic is a tool for creating new understan
MGMT 2340-002 Spring 2016
Practice Exam 1
Instructions. You may use a calculator, one 3x5 notecard, and the formula sheet is provided
to you. No other electronic device of any kind may be used during this exam. Show work
MGMT 2340 Formula Sheet for Exam 1
Population coefficient of variation:
+ + +
Sample Variance :
Sample coefficient of variation:
Sample Standard Deviation :
Location of a Percentile:
L = + 1