CREATIVE PROJECT #1 HOW COMPANIES TARGET SPECIFIC SEGMENTS
Prepare a slideshow presentation for the class to view and to submit to me for grading. It
1. List the names of those on your team.
2. Identify the segment you were assigned to study. Give
Branding Notes: MKTG 3670
What are the goals of Branding?
1. Build and maintain brand awareness and interest
2. Develop and enhance attitudes toward the company, product, or service
3. Build and foster relationships between the consumer and the brand
Segmentation Notes: MKTG 3670
Types of competition:
Direct: Someone you are directly competing with on a daily basis (I.e., one movie theatre
against another movie theatre
Indirect: Someone that competes with you, but not in an obvious way (i.e. A movie t
Objectives and Budgeting- MKTG 3670
Whats so hard about setting goals and objectives?
- Marketing Situations can get complicated and complex
- There are many perspectives and opinions on what should be done
- Resources are not always guaranteed
Lecture #1- MKTG 3670
How is advertising and promotion growing today?
- Individuals are targeting audiences in new ways
- More care put into the actual targeting
- HUGE growth since 1980-2010
New channels of distribution and communication
- Internet creat
How to organize for Advertising and Promotion- MKTG 3670
Some examples of employable strategies
- Niche Markets
- Expanded product line
- Strong Branding, Product positioning, quality, dynamic advertising
- Unique brand identity
- Expansion into athletic
Communication Notes- MKTG 3670
Several ways to really let your message sink in
- Celebrity appeal
o Typically very successful as they bring a large amount of recognition to the table
Chapter 6 Notes- MKTG 3670
1. Receiver Conprehension
a. Can the receiver comprehend the ad?
a.i. Is it user-friendly?
a.ii. Is it designed clearly?
a.iii. Is there a clear message?
2. Channel Presentation
a. Which media will increase
Top 10 Questions & 5 Ideas
Mckell Wall 1/20/2017
1. Whats the landscape area?
2. Whats the targeted audience?
3. What is the demographic of the area and of the city?
4. Whats our budget?
5. Are there any company partners already involved?