Chapter 5: Managing on On-Premises Laundry
3. What are two ways in which soiled linens can be sorted before washing? Why are both
sorting procedures important?
Sorting by Degree of Soiling: when sorting by degree of soiling, laundry work
Chapter 6: Guestroom Cleaning
1. What are the advantages of taking a systematic approach to guestroom cleaning?
A systematic approach can save time and energyand reduce frustration. In this
respect, room cleaning procedures not only ensu
Chapter 7: Security and the Loading Industry
1. What are the general areas that should be considered for inclusion in a propertys security
Loading property security efforts may involve such areas of concern as guestroom
Chapter 8: The Role, Cost, and Management of Hospitality Facilities
1. How do facilities contribute to a hospitality businesss profitability?
They can provide an appealing visual environment that contributes to the overall
Chapter 9: Hospitality Facilities Management Tools, Techniques, and Trends
1. What are the basic activities associated with preventive maintenance?
While some confusion seems to exist concerning preventive maintenance (often
Chapter 11: Electrical Systems
1. What factors might lead a hospitality property to choose to produce its own power
4. Why is it important to update electrical plans as changes are made to a facility?
6. Should preventive maintena
Chapter 12: Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Systems
1. What factors affect guest and employee comfort? What is the comfort zone and how is it
2. What are the two elements of furnace and boiler efficiency? How can you de
Chapter 4: Controlling Expenses
1. What are the basic responsibilities of the executive housekeeper in the budget process?
The executive housekeepers responsibility in the budgetary process is twofold. First, the
executive housekeeper is
Chapter 10: Water and Wastewater Systems
1. What factors could cause large variations in water usage for hotels of similar size?
2. When is using a deduct meter a good idea? What should you know before installing a
4. How do
Chapter 14: Environmental and Sustainability Management
1. Why do hospitality companies initiate environmental awareness programs?
2. Why is waste management important to hotel operators?
3. What are examples of re-use? Recycling? Waste t
Chapter 13: Lighting Systems
1. What are the advantages of natural light?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of incandescent lamps?
3. How do incandescent lamps and electric discharge lamps produce light?
4. What are the various
Chapter 1: The Role of Housekeeping in Hospitality Operations
1. Name the three basic service-level categories of hotels. What are typical characteristics
Economy hotels: a growing segment of the lodging industry. These properti
Chapter 3: Managing Inventories
1. Compare recycled and non-recycled inventories. What are some of the typical items in
Recycled inventories: are those items that have relatively limited useful lives but that
are used over
Which of the following statements about planning an on-premises laundry is false?
or not a
Tim, the general manager, wants to hire off-duty police officers as part-time security staff.
Which of the following statements about off-duty police officers is false?
Correct Answer Feedback
A. They may have superior
training in d
B, D, D, B, B
A, B, C, D, D
1. Classifying hotels in relation to _ provides the best measure of the work
performed by a housekeeping staff.
b. service level
d. chain affiliation
2. During which hours of the day does the executive h
A, B, C, C, C,
A, B, B, D, A
1. Which of the following items are part of a non-recycled inventory managed by the
a. cleaning supplies
b. guestroom alarm clocks
2. Which of the following statements about
C, D, C, B, A,
D, A, C, C, C
1. Which of the following is a capital expense incurred by the housekeeping department?
Chapter 2: Planning and Organizing the Housekeeping Department
1. What resources can the executive housekeeper use to attain the objectives set by top
executives in a hospitality operation?
The executive housekeeper uses available resour
Overall I feel like Shanequa did the best thing for the situation. After having two people
call in saying they would be late/not make it she tried asking others to help. When they
refused, she jumped in to start the laundry, leaving her other duties be