1. What are the basic types of glass?
Soda- lime- silica; lead-alkali-silica; fused silica glass;
96% silica; Borosilica; aluminosilicate
2. What type of glass is used in most construction applications? Soda-lime-
Thermal Insulation and Vapor Barriers
1. What types of organic fibers are used for insulation? Cane, cotton, wood, cellulose,
and synthetic fibers.
2. What kinds of organic cellular materials are used for insulation? Pol
Review Questions (Answer Questions in BLUE)
1. What types of finish flooring are in common use? Wood, vinyl, terrazzo, and clay tile.
2. What type of finish flooring presents the greatest hazard in a fire? Carpeting
3. What tec
Chapter 36 Review Questions
1) Interior partitions are used as non- load bearing walls and serve to divide an open space
into usable areas; they also enclose openings such as stairs, shafts, and exits.
2) Fire partitions are installed to enclose shafts, f
Ch 20 Wood and Metal Light Frame Construction Worksheet
1. Building Codes, set minimum sizes for buildings and restrict where they can be placed on a lot.
2. codes establish minimum distances around each side of a structure.
3. Some municipalities require
This checklist is intended for use to