The Dancing House
1. Part of the structure is influenced by the band The Rolling Stones iconic
image of a tongue.
2. The two parts that make up the structure are supposed to be mimetic of a
female form and a male form as a dancing couple.
MWTH 8:00 am-9:50 am
I am doing my wire report on artist Claes Oldenburg, from Stockholm, Sweden
but an American artist, focusing in on three of his pieces: Soft Toilet (1966), Giant
Fagends (1967), and Upside Down City (1962). He is my favor
Statue of Liberty by Keith Haring, dated 1986, shows connections to Pop Art of the
1960s. Firstly because the image is accessible: the viewer does not need to dig for
meaning in order to appreciate it, despite the fact that much of his work does hold
Assignment 8.7: Andy Warhol in the 1960s
1. During the 60s, Warhol switched from his usual 2d art to 3d art in the form of
1. These sculptures were plywood boxes covered in various logo designs.
1. Though Warhol painted and silkscr
Celebrities travel in flocks: writer/director/feminist Lena Dunham is connected to
pop singer Taylor Swift who is connected to the three sisters that make up the band
HAIM, one of which joined indie/folk/rock n roll guru Jenny Lewis on tour in her
Short Answer: Answer each question in approximately 150-200 words. (50
1. The Drip Technique. Imagine that you are playing your weekly round of
paintball, reenacting Napoleons military conquests. Looking down at your
spattered clothes, y