the ability to respond to routine physical
demands while having enough reserve
energy to cope with a sudden challenge.
a planned structured and receptive
movement done to improve one of more of
the components of physical fi
Nutrition and Weight Management
1. I have been actively recording my food and macronutrients through an app called
MyFitnessPal, for about 1 month, as I am trying to lean my fat and increase my muscle mass.
With the Supertracker I was able to
Health the Basics Summary and quiz Chapter 8
Alcohol is a chemical substance that affects your physical and mental behavior. It is regularly
used by about 50 percent of all Americans, while 25 percent completely abstain.
Alcohol effect is measured by the
The 4 recommendations given are regular excise, a healthy diet, plenty of rest and Relaxation.
Assignment 8: Infectious and Non-Infectious Conditions
1. Five reasons a person can increase susceptibility to a communicable disease.
a. Not Washing Hands Regularly- One of the most important healthy habits to prevent the
spread of germs is to clean your
Depression and Mental Health
1. The four recommendation for taking care of yourself are:
2. Eating Right
3. Getting Enough Rest
2. These recommendations are valid for all phases of life. During Stressful situation li
Heart and Lungs
The circulatory system carries blood throughout the entire body. The blood will have
oxygen, nutrients, carbon dioxide and other things attached to it. The heart is what pumps the
blood through the body. It has four chambers that take bloo
Components of the Eye
The eye is a very complex and important organ. For safety as a pilot, its necessary that
all the components of the eye work together correctly. There is a transparent membrane that
surrounds the eye called the conjunctiva. Then comes
Improving Health Through Exercise
1. Reduce risk of cardiovascular diseases, reduce risk of Cancer, improve bone mass and reduce risk
of osteoporosis, improve immunity, improve mental health and stress management.
2. Use the FITT principle. I
Assignment 10: Environmental health
1. List 5 gases found in the atmosphere:
a. Carbon Monoxide (Co2)
d. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
2. The two major gases that are responsible for acid rain include:
a. Sulfur dio
Assignment 7: Preventing and Fighting Disease
1. Identify four to five warnings signs that a heart attack is imminent
Check for these warning signs if you are suspecting a heart attack.
Chest Discomfort- Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center
Assignment 9: Lifes Transitions
1. Talking about end-of-life issues can be difficult for anyone. One way to approach the subject is
to talk about why you have decided to talk about these issues. Sometimes sharing your personal
concerns and values, spiritu
Assignment 4: Stress Management Practice
1. For this assignment I have decided to try and use physical actions to reduce stress levels. I
figured this would be the best practice for myself since my days are busy and have little time for