Chapter 14Evaluating Channel Member Performance
1. Which of the following is a false statement about the Deere & Company and its independent
a. John has nearly 3000 independent dealers.
b. John Deere's new CEO, Robert Lane, says i
Chapter 13Logistics and Channel Management
1. Which is a true statement about why Zara, the Spanish fashion apparel specialty chain, is so
a. Most of Zara's merchandise is produced in Asian factories to save production
Chapter 3The Environment of Marketing Channels
1. For channel managers, which of the following is a variable in the external environment?
a. Interest rates
b. Emerging competitors
c. Birth rates
d. Inflation rates
e. All of the above
Chapter 1Marketing Channel Concepts
1. Which type of strategy did Walmart decide to use to compete with Amazon?
a. Heavy advertising
b. Price reduction
c. Establish kiosks in Walmart stores
d. Wholesale distribution
e. Mass distribution vi
Chapter 17Marketing Channels for Services
1. All of the following are services except:
a. This class.
b. A checking account.
c. A Broadway musical.
d. An oil change for a car.
e. A book.
ANS: E (p. 486)
2. The service sector of the U.S. ec
Chapter 8Target Markets and Channel Design Strategy
1. Why does it make sense to sell high-priced and exclusive merchandise such as diamonds, rare
Cognac, or Waterford Crystal, through warehouse club channels?
a. The warehouse clubs attrac
Chapter 7Selecting the Channel Members
1. The selection of channel members according to the text is _ the selection of
a. almost as important as
b. as important as
c. more important than
d. of little importance compared with
Chapter 6Designing Marketing Channels
1. Channel design refers to all of the following except:
a. The development of new channels.
b. The modification of existing channels.
c. The allocation of distribution tasks among channel members.
Chapter 9Motivating the Channel Members
1. The term securing the cooperation of channel members suggests that:
a. Once the channel has been well designed, channel member cooperation will follow
as a matter of course.
b. The selection of go
Chapter 16Franchise Marketing Channels
1. Which of the following statement most accurately describes a franchise channel?
a. It is just a source of information for consumers.
b. Franchise channels only offer services to consumers.
c. It is
Chapter 12Promotion through the Marketing Channel
1. One of the main issues Proctor & Gamble (P&G) Company had with its Max Factor is:
a. Giant mass market U.S. retailers were not willing to give more shelf space to Max
Chapter 18International Channel Perspectives
1. In an attempt to penetrate the market in mainland China, General Motors (GM) intends for its
dealers to be the best in the world by employing which of the following tactics at GM
Chapter 15Electronic Marketing Channels
1. According to the text, the Internet has had _ impact on the design and management of
b. a major
d. an overwhelming
ANS: B (p. 419)
2. Some observers pre
Chapter 11Pricing Issues in Channel Management
1. Pricing in the marketing channel can be thought of as analogous to:
a. Family eating last.
b. Who gets what piece of the pie.
c. Having fair-weather friends.
d. Giving out life jackets on t
Chapter 10Product Issues in Channel Management
1. Amazon.com has begun to pressure manufacturers to use less wasteful packaging because:
a. Thousands of workers are injured each year opening the hard, clear plastic
b. The packag
Chapter 5Strategy in Marketing Channels
1. Pertaining to the release of movies, windowing is a practice by which movie producers stagger
the release of movies for various distributors. Which of the following statements about
windowing is f
Chapter 4Behavioral Processes in Marketing Channels
1. Conflict between Burger King and its franchisees has occurred because:
a. Increases in Burger King's product line.
b. Burger King raising fees it charges its franchisees.
c. Greater pu
Chapter 2The Channel Participants
1. Which statement about Gazelle is false?
a. Gazelle distributes electronic products using its online channel.
b. Gazelle buys, takes title and stores electronic products.
c. Gazelle pays for electronic p