NT1430 Unit 3; CLI Part 2 Questions
1. The pipeline redirects the output of one command to the input of another command.
2. You use the grep command to search for a specified pattern in a file, such as a particular
word or phrase.
Nikki Mazerant NT1430 Linux Networking (Unit 1 Linux Server installation and configuration)
1. What are multiuser systems and why are they successful?
Multiuser operating systems allow the multiple users to access the resources of single system
NT 1430 Assignment 1
1.) What are multiuser systems? Why are they successful?
A multiuser system allows each user at their work terminals to be connected to the computer.
The operating system of computer assigns each user a portion of RAM a
NT1430 Chapter 2
1. What is a device file? Where are device files located?
Device files allow user programs to access hardware devices on the system through the kernel. They are
not "files" per se, but look like files from the progra
Unit 1 Assignment 1
1. What is free software? List three characteristics of free software.
Free software is software that is a free operating system, free source code, and you are free to
study it, redistribute it
Unit 4; Admin and Networking Services
1. How would you send a text file to a printer connected to the first parallel port without
using a print queue?
cat textfile > /dev/lp0
2. Which commands can you use from the command
Unit 9; Lab 1 Linux Firewall
Linux Firewall with IPTABLES
1. What is Mandatory Access Control? Why is it better than Discretionary Access Control?
Mandatory access control (MAC) refers to a type of access control by which the
Unit 7 Questions
1. Define The Following:
a. Sendmail - sendmail is the most popular UNIX-based implementation of the Simple
Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) for transmitting e-mail. When a sendmail server receives e-mail,
Unit 8 Questions
Unit 8- APACHE (httpd): SETTING UP A WEB SERVER
1. Which of the following is a typical directory location for DocumentRoot in an Apache
2. What special user and group name does Fedora use
Unit 5; Scripting and Programming Questions
1. A "program" in general, is a sequence of instructions written so that a computer can perform
certain task. A "script" is code written in a scripting language. A scripting langua
Unit 2 Linux CLI part 1 Questions
What is a device file? Where are device files located?
A device file allows to accesses hardware devices so that end users do not need to get
technical details about hardware. Device files are