1. Weekly full server backups with daily incremental backups
a. The main advantage to this method is that a lot fewer files are backed up daily
between full backups allowing f
1. Why is it important to run the MBSA?
a. To search for non-patched systems that may include vulnerabilities that could
pose a threat to the s
1. The ERP software vendor reports that some customers have experienced denial-ofservice (DoS) attacks from computers sending large volumes of packets to mail
servers on th
1. What are the steps you took to harden IIS on the Windows Sever? Explain why these
steps are necessary?
a. Launch IIS Manager: Start Inte
1. What functions should this software application provide?
a. To secure applications from outside threats and vulnerabilities
2. What functions should this software
Three important rules to change on a Windows XP computer are; close all unessential ports,
block unnecessary websites, and set up aut
1. Previous attempts to protect user accounts have resulted in users writing down long
passwords and placing them near their workstations. Users should not write down
Running head: UNIT 7 LAB ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS
Unit 7 Lab 7 Harden a Microsoft Workstation Using Security Configuration Wizard & Manual
Configurations (Assessment Questions)
October 28, 2014
UNIT 7 LAB ASSESSMENT QUESTIO
Unit 6 Lab 6: Perform a
Microsoft Windows Server
& Workstation Backup and
1. What is the difference between Roles and Features in Windows Server 2008?
a. In Windows Server Roles are
1. How much data has been modified between the last backup and the time of failure?
a. Desktop workstations execute a backup of identified folders that contain new and
PKI Element (yes/no)
It is a document containing information
such as identity and a public key.
1. One of the shop floor computers that is connected to your network is commonly used by
the floor manager. You want the floor managers files to be encrypted on that computer.
1. Within a Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2 environment, who has access rights to the
EFS features and functions in the server?
a. The administrator and wh