PT2520 Database Concepts
Unit 6 Research: Explore the Latest ANSI and ISO Standard
1. ANSI is an Acronym for the American National Standards Institute. Founded in
1918, ANSI is a voluntary organization composed of over 1,300 member
Unit 5 Research Assign
Every column value and constant in a SQL statement has a datatype, which is associated
with a specific storage format, constraints, and a valid range of values. When created table, you
Unit 8 Research 1
1. Find out how MySQL manages basic authentication and authorization:
When a client connects to the MySQL server, the server uses the user name provided by the
client and the client host to select
Unit 2 Assignment
Terms and Definitions
Business requirement: A high-level business objective of the organization that builds a product
or of a customer who procures it.
Business rules: A business-specific rule about how dat
Unit 7 Research
1. Declarative languages avoid specifying how the computer should do something in favor of
saying what it should do. This is a extremely powerful for simplifying common tasks, but can
Unit 3 Research Assignment
Reviewing many types of database naming conventions I was able to make a few conclusions.
First, there is no black and white method to naming databases. There are different methods currently in
Unit 2 Lab 2.1
Westlake Research Hospital
Step 1: Read
Step 2: List of Questions
What purpose would you use this database?
What kinds of information would you like to be able to search for?
Would you like bo
PT 2520 Database Concepts
Unit 1 Research Assignment 1: Exploring Programming Languages
1) There have been 7 revisions of the SQL standard. The most recent SQL standard revision is
SQL 2011.The most recent iterati
Unit 4 Research
1) Functional Dependency: When two or more attributes depend on each other for meaning
rather than on the table key. These can be spotted by blocks of repetition. They represent
separate themes and should be b
Unit 6 Research Assignment 1
Explore the Latest ANSI and ISO Standard
Jason Friedman PT2520
1. Look up ANSI and ISO. Explain briefly what each is and does.
ISO is the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a worldwide federation
PT 2520 Unit 7
1. What are the advantages of a declarative language as opposed to a procedural language?
The advantage of declarative programming languages is mainly two-fold. The programs
are concise; this makes it easy even for non-progra
Unit 5 Research Assignment 2
Each value manipulated by an Oracle database possesses a data type. The data type of a
value links a selection of attributes to the value. These attributes of the value differentiate one
data type from the other
Unit 4 Research Assignment 2
1. Look up the definition of functional dependency. Can you find a good example?
Functional dependency is a relationship that exists when one attribute uniquely
determines another attribute. If R is a relation w
Unit 2 Research 2
1.) Look up System Analysis and Design Life Cycle. What are the parts of this life cycle? How do
you think this relates to database development? The life cycle starts with preliminary
investigation which all the av
Unit 1 Assignment 1
After researching the history on SQL server, I have found that there have been 7 revisions of the
SQL standard. In the most recent, SQL 2011, there were many new non-temporal features. You have
DELETE in MERGE, Pi
Unit 1 Assignment 1
1) At its simplest, a database can be seen as a collection of related data. TRUE
2) A delimited file is a file where the length of the file is limited. FALSE
3) A delimited file is one in which the data is separa
PT2520 Unit 3 Research - Naming Conventions
Entity Relation Diagram features and notations are different in several ways; whether they allow
attributes in a relationship, how they represent cardinality and participation constraints, the pla
PT2520 Unit 3 Assignment 1
1. Logic Design- The entity relation design without regard to what RDBMS or system it will be on.
2. Physical Design- The design adapted to the RDBMS and system constraints and features.
3. Naming Convention- A se
1. Allow Software Management Team and IT Staff to view, add, edit, and delete the types of software to
be tracked. This includes type of software, licensing dates, status, and location.
2. Allow Software Ma
Questions to be asked:
1. What are the Regulatory requirements?
2. What are medical rules or laws of private information that we need to know to set up this Database
with the customer information (Data privacy)?
3. Please giv
Describe a situation in which the database might become inconsistent.
If you have 2 people with the same name because there is no unique identifier.
How could a relational database ensure data consistency?
Relational tables fo
Unit 3 Assignment
The following questions will help me determine how we will need to setup Active Directory for our
How many branch locations?
Will each branch have a DC?
Do we want to set each Branch as an OU or each Department?
How many depar
Unit 2 Assignment 1
Dear Junior Admin A,
Sounds like the other workstations are still trying to use their old IP addresses. Go to the
workstations and perform an ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew in the command prompt.
Default IP lease is set to
1. The permission level assigned to the everyone group is set to reader by default.
2. Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 is not installed.
3. Yes Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 is listed there.
4. Yes it is being installed during the logon process.
2. Yes, they are processed starting with local, site, domain, and OU policies
5. No? Yes
7. No because it was not enabled
8. Yes because it was enabled
15. Because you have to c
2. The username has to be verified as unique before a user account can be created.
3. The infrastructure master role should not be place on an AD DC unless all servers are
global catalog servers in a AD DC.
4. Because the users password box wa