The sense of smell has been acclaimed as one of the five senses of the average human
being, all stemmed through the the chemosensory system, with olfactory sensory neurons inside
the nose that channel into the brain, giving us the ability to distinguish b
Questions Part I
1. Which are the amino acids responsible for coordinating Arsenic in ArsMT of
CYS 174 and CYS 224
2. What are the other ligands or small molecules that are found in the structure bound to arsenic?
Part A Questions:
1. Provide an explanation for the difference between the growth characteristics of the bacteria on
plates with ampicillin and on the plates without ampicillin
The plates without ampicillin will have larger colonies of b
Lab #8A Questions
#1: Imagine an individual who has a +/+ genotype at the PV92 locus. Keep in mind that the
alleles at the PV92 locus are inherited in a Mendelian fashion. Explain what you can conclude
about the genotype of that individuals par
Lab #4 Questions
1. Based on the information provided in the introduction, what do you think some of the
components of the Laemmli sample buffer are?
Because the Laemmli buffer is used to solubilize the proteins in the sample, it would
Lab #7 End of Lab Questions
1. Why are you testing for DNA instead of proteins to identify genetically modified foods?
Because genetic modification ultimately resides in the DNA, observing the DNA would show a more
accurate observation of the d
In lab question #1: What do you expect the weight of the tube should be after you pipetted the
water into the tube during activity #1?
In lab question #2: What is the expected weight of the water in the tube from activity #1?