1. Units: Convert the following values to the specific units:
[a] 40 mg/L of SO42[b] 12 mmol/L of NaNO3[c] 55 mg/L CaCO3 and
102 mg/L MgCO3
[d] 120 mg/m3 of Fe(OH)3
[e] 40 g/L of PO43[f] 620 mol/L of CCl4
M SO42mg/L of N
 Safe (acute and chronic), inexpensive, reliable, pleasing (taste, odor, color) and noncorrosive
 As the cost increases water demand decreases in steps but never reaches zero.
 Residual chlorine can react with organic matter (OM)
 Define the following terms:
 Write Monod Model, define all terms and give units.
 A waste contains 300 mg/L of CH2O and 50 mg/L of NH3-N. Ca
Max = 100 pts
1. Define five of the following: (5 pts)
6. What is the carbon monoxide concentration expressed in pg/m3 of a 10 L gas
mole of carbon monoxide? (10 pts)
1. Define five of the following: (10 pts)
2. Explain the general mass balance in words. (3 pts)
3. Name the three (3) different reactor types. (3 pts)
4. What are the
 For each of the following mass balance problems, determine whether a steady-state
mass balance would be appropriate and why.
[a] Vision a mass balance of chloride (Cl-) dissolved in a lake. Two rivers bring chloride
into the l