Comprehensive Review for the Final Exam
1. Find the value for 8 7 to three decimal places.
f ( x ) = 3 x 2
State the equation of the asymptote
What is the x-intercept (if any, to three decimal places)?
What is the y
TEAS Test Study Guide with Practice Questions
1. If Lynn can type a page in p minutes, what piece of the page can she do in 5 minutes?
B. p - 5
C. p + 5
E. 1- p + 5
2. If Sally can paint a house in 4 hours, and John can paint the same house
NU 279 TEST 2 STUDY GUIDELINES
FUNCTION OF FAT
3 CATEGORIES OF FAT AND FUNCTIONS
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF TRIGLYCERIDES
FUNCTION OF OMEGA-3 FATS AND FOOD SOURCES
RECOMMENDED PERCENTAGE OF FAT IN THE DIET
SATURATED VS UNSATURATED/MONOUNSATURATED
Article 1: Color Us Worried
Synthetic food dyes are in a lot of food, drinks, and cosmetics we use today. The article
called Color Us Worried explained some of the dangers of consuming or using synthetic food
dyes. They g
Extra Credit- Aristotle Virtue Ethics
Aristotle believes that he could understand anything by four causes. The causes are
material cause, which is the matter it is made of, formal cause, which is the essence or form o
Terryl Collins, Toni Fisher, Lakisha Langston, Jessica Mitchell, & Adrianna
Look at MAR ( Medication Administration Record)
to make sure its the correct patient and to know what
medications you will be givin
This homework covers fair division.
1. Three players want to divide a cake fairly using the lone-divider method. The divider (D) cuts the cake into
three slices: s1 , s2 , and s3 . Let C1 and C2 represent the choosers.
(a) Describe a po
This homework covers voting.
The problems in this homework use the following preference schedule.
Number of voters
1. Find the winner of this vote by the plurality method.
2. Find the winner by the
This homework covers weighted voting.
1. This problem uses the following weighted voting system: [10 : 6, 5, 4, 2].
a. How many players are there?
b. What is the quota?
c. What is the weight of the coalition cfw_P1 , P3 ?
d. Write down
This homework covers weighted voting.
1. This problem uses the following weighted voting system: [16 : 9, 8, 7].
a. How many sequential coalitions are there that involve all three players?
b. Write out all the sequential coalitions that
This homework covers apportionment.
1. A small country has four states whose populations (in thousands) are given in the
table below. It has a legislature with 160 seats.
a. Find each states appor
This homework covers Euler paths and Euler circuits.
1. a. Draw a picture of the graph with vertices A, B, C, D, and E, and edges BC,
BD, DD, DC, CE, EE, and EC.
b. Draw a graph with 6 vertices in which each vertex has degree 3.
This homework covers Hamilton paths and Hamilton circuits.
1. This problem uses the following weighted graph.
a. Use the brute force algorithm to nd the optimal Hamilton circuit of this graph.
This homework covers Steiner points.
1. In the following gure, one of three points (X, Y , or Z) is a Steiner point of triangle ABC. The distances (rounded to the nearest mile) between the vertices of the
triangle and each of the three
This homework covers spanning trees.
1. Find a spanning tree for the following tree.
2. Use Kruskals algorithm to nd a minimum spanning tree for the following weighted
3. Five cit
This homework covers statistical data. Exercises 1 and 2 refer to a survey conducted in 1988, whose results are given in the table below. Participants in the survey were asked whether they had ever cheated on their spouses. The questio
This homework covers types of data and graphs.
1. Explain why the variable points scored for a player in a basketball game is discrete
while the variable time played is continuous.
2. An article in Fortune magazine showed a breakdown o
This homework covers scheduling.
1. A city has several one-way streets and two-way streets, arranged as shown in the
Draw a digraph that represents the trac ow.
Problems 24 use the following project digraph.
This homework covers probability.
1. Five men and four women line up at a checkout stand in a grocery store.
a. In how many ways can they line up?
b. In how many ways can they line up if the rst person has to be a man?
c. In how many w
This homework covers sample variance and sample standard deviation.
1. Find the mean, median, range, sample variance, and sample standard deviation of the
following data set. Use the formula in the denition of the sample variance.
Integrating factors and linear equations
1. Verify that the equation
y(x + y + 1)dx + (x + 2y)dy = 0
is not exact.
= x + 2y + 1
Not equal. Not exact.
2. Consider the function (x) = ex . This function is called an integ