WHAT IS A VLAN ?
A virtual local area network (VLAN) is a logical group of workstations,
servers and network devices that appear to be on the same LAN despite
their geographical distribution. A VLAN allows a net
15 hops were traced. The final hop IP adress is 126.96.36.199
There were the same amount of hops traced. The IP address is 188.8.131.52. The IP address is
different because the first trace was for a DNS server and the second was for a Web server.
Step 1: Tracert on www.london.edu
It took 14 hops before the route crossed the ocean.
There were 20 hops and the route went west of my location
Tracing website in antartica
Ping command on IP addresses
12) 2^h-2; 255.255.254.0/23
14) 1. Efficient use of resources, 2. Cost and energy savings, 3. Fault and threat isolation, 4. Simple
backups, recovery, and
a) 254 IP addresses were scanned. 18 hosts are up.
b) The different information revealed on the other hosts is the MAC address. Zenmap does this to allow
the host to be found easier instead of having the person figure ou
I used the app on my laptop since the app on my phone didn't let me do what it said to on the book.
4) My network is connected to channel 10
5) I found a feature where I find out what channel, the speed, the BSSID, protocol, the
manufacturer of the router
11) Community Cloud
12) Remote Access Server
13) PPTP uses TCP and L2TP uses UDP
14) RRAS and DirectAccess together provide always-on remote connections
15) Two encryption techniques used by VPNs today ar
Network Project List
Choose one of the following for a project. I prefer you use a PowerPoint presentation (20 or
more slides) to complete your project (20 is the minimum). However, if you would prefer, you
write a paper. It should be double-spaced and be
11) It is important to use a structured cabling standard when installing and managing systems
because you want to maximize performance and minimize upkeep.
12) The first point of inte
Trouble Shooting a Failed Network
The first step taken into finding out why you can't connect to the internet is to first identify the
problem. A way to do this is to navigate through different programs such as the internet or a file
11. You can compare the data with a a baseline
12. Network segmentation can protect cardholder data because the portion of the network
containing sensitive information is separated from
11) They must be connected to the same frequency
12) A directional antenna is used in a point-to-point link
13) It will either reflect, defract or scatter
14) Signal to noise ra
Chapter 8 Lab
1. a. Kali Linux was developed by Mati Aharoni, Devon Kearns, and Raphal Hertzog. The
predecessor of Kali was BackTrack.
b. Kali Linux was made for the purpose of advanced penetration testing and finding
11. The four properties of an analog signal are amplitude, which is a measure of a signals length.
Frequency which is the number of times the a wave's amplitude cycles. Wavelength, the
13)The name of the domain controller database that Windows Server 2012 R2 uses to store data
about user access and resources on the network is the client-server network model.
14) The network topology being used is a star topolo
Multiple Choice Questions:
11) RDP uses the port 3389 by default and the range of numbers you should select a private port
number is 49152-65538.
12) The type of DNS record that identifies a ma
11) TCP is a connection-oriented protocol, messages will arrive in the order they are sent and
12) The process used to establish a TCP connection is a
11) It makes them dangerous because the vulnerability is exploited before the software developer
can provide a solution.
12) The reason ARP can be particularly vulnerable in a DoS attack is tha
Chapter 9 Assignment
What federal organization sets strict standards to protect the privacy of patient records?
B.HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
What command retrieves the next record in an SNMP log?
What port do
Chapter 9 Lab
The 3 Primary purposes of backup are?
Disaster recovery addresses the requirement to restore all, or a large part of, an IT
infrastructure in the event of a
The first step in asset management is to inventory all the
components on the network.
Cipher locks are not designed for physical security, such as on an
Any device in an ICS that is motorized and can control
WANs connect nodes, such as workstations, servers, printers, and
other devices, in a small geographical area on a single network.
A bus topology WAN is often the best option for an organization
with only a few sites and the c
Network segmentation decreases both performance and security
on a network.
Only Class B and Class C networks can be subnetted.
The use of virtualization allows for isolation of each guest system
such that problems on on
CET Digital Technology Homework #4
2 / 2 points
This is the logic symbol for a(n) _.
None of the above
This is the logic symbol for a(n) _.
None of the above
This is the
Digital Technology Homework #6
Looping on a K-map always results in the elimination of:
Question 1 options:
variables within the loop that appear only in their un-complemented form.
variables that remain unchanged within the loop.
Digital Technology Exam #1
Which of the following are examples of analog devices?
a) Mercury thermometer
b) Traditional photograph camera (film camera)
c) Videocassette (VHS or Betamax)
d) All of the above
Which of the following are
Digital Technology Homework #7
What is another name used for a multiplexer?
A multiplexer with three select, or address, lines can select one of _ inputs.
CET Digital Technology Homework #5
X = ABC + BCD is in the form of minterms expression.
Which of the following sum of products represents the given truth table?